This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Commenced operations||23 December 2017|
|Company slogan||Simply fly|
|Parent company||Deccan Charters|
|Key people||G. R. Gopinath, chief captain|
Air Deccan is an Indian regional brand of Deccan Charters that began operations in 2017. Based at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai, it flies to a total of four destinations using Beech 1900D aircraft, as of December 2017.
In 2017, it emerged that Gopinath had been working to revive the Air Deccan brand and in doing so, he also participated in the Government of India's UDAN scheme via his existing charter company called Deccan Charters and won the rights of several routes connecting regional destinations. The new brand started its operations on 23 December 2017.
According to the founder of the airline, G. R. Gopinath, Air Deccan focuses on flying to cities with little to no air service where there is minimal competition with major airlines. The airline flies to the following destinations in India:
- "India's Air Deccan, Air Odisha to combine ops". ch-aviation. 30 December 2017. Retrieved 5 January 2018.
- "Captain Gopinath back in the game; Deccan Charter to fly on regional routes". The Telegraph (Calcutta). 28 August 2014. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- "Can Udan aid Captain Gopinath replicate success of Air Deccan in second stint?".
- Tarun Shukla. "Air Deccan set to relaunch operations with Re1 flight tickets". Livemint. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- "Air Deccan looks to stimulate demand in smaller cities". The Hindu Business Line. Press Trust of India. 23 December 2017. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "Air Deccan". airdeccan.co.in. Retrieved 2018-02-21.
- "Air Deccan". airdeccan.co.in. Retrieved 2018-01-28.