|Founded||1967 (as Air Pacific)|
|Commenced operations||10 July 1967|
|Ceased operations||1 May 2009|
|Operating bases||Nadi International Airport
Nausori International Airport
|Key people||Sialeni Vuetaki (CEO)|
Air Fiji was an airline based in Nausori, Fiji. It operated inter-island services to destinations within the Fijian Islands. Its main base was Nausori International Airport, Suva, with a base at Nadi International Airport.
The airline was established in 1967 and started operations on 10 July 1967 as Air Pacific. On 29 March 1971, Air Pacific was renamed Fiji Air and again renamed to Air Fiji in February 1995. It was owned by Aviation Investments (55%), government of Fiji (11%) and other shareholders (34%).
Air Fiji operated the following services (at June 2008):
- Cicia - Cicia Airport
- Gau - Gau Airport
- Kadavu - Kadavu Airport
- Koro - Koro Airport
- Labasa - Labasa Airport
- Lakeba - Lakeba Airport
- Levuka - Levuka Airfield
- Malolo Lailai - Malolo Lailai Airport [occasional charter]
- Mana - Mana Island Airport [occasional charter]
- Moala - Moala Airport
- Nadi - Nadi International Airport (Base)
- Nausori - Nausori International Airport (Base)
- Rotuma - Rotuma Airport
- Savusavu - Savusavu Airport
- Taveuni - Matei Airport
- Vanuabalavu - Vanuabalavu Airport
The Air Fiji fleet included the following aircraft (at December 2008):
|Britten-Norman BN-2A Islander||1|
|Embraer EMB 110P2 Bandeirante||2|
Six aircraft from now-defunct carrier Air Fiji are up for sale. The Fiji Development Bank has called for tenders for the aircraft and assorted aircraft parts. The six aircraft are an: Embraer Bandeirante, registration DQ-AFO; Britten Norman Islander BN2, registration DQ-FIC; Embraer Bandeirante, registration DQ-AFQ; Embraer Bandeirante P1, registration DQ-TLC; Embraer Bandeirante, registration DQ-YES; and Britten Norman Trilander BN2, registration DQ-TRI. Only one of the six aircraft is in running condition and four are without engines, says an official from the bank. Tenders will close 4 December, he adds. Air Fiji closed in April after running into financial troubles.
- "Two regional airlines seal deal." Pacific Islands Broadcasting Association. 4 October 2005. Retrieved on 3 October 2009.
- Flight International 27 March 2007
- World Airline Directory. Flight International. 16–22 March 2004. "63."
- 2008, Grounded Air Fiji Resumes Flights, Fiji Daily Post
- Defunct Airlines of 2009
- From AirGuide website - Aircraft Finance News - Nov. 26, 2009