Air Force Special Duty Ribbon
|Air Force Special Duty Ribbon|
Special Duty Ribbon
|Awarded by the Department of the Air Force|
|Established||4 September 2014|
|Next (higher)||Air Force Longevity Service Award|
The Air Force Special Duty Ribbon is awarded to those service members who complete a special duty assignment, or are awarded a special duty Air Force Specialty Code or special duty assignment. The award is for service after 4 September 2014, and cannot be retroactively awarded. The following are qualifying special duty assignments:
- Training Instructor in core AFSC (T-prefix)
- Commander, Cadet Squadron, USAFA (80C0)
- Training Commander, OTS (81C0)
- Instructor (81T0)
- Academic Program Manager (82A0
- Career Assistance Advisor (8A100)
- Military Training Instructor (8B000)
- Military Training Leader (8B100)
- USAFA Military Training (8B200)
- Airman and Family Readiness Center NCO (8C000)
- First Sergeant (8F000)
- Honor Guard (85G and 8G000)
- Recruiter (83R and 8R000)
- Professional Military Education (PME) Instructor (8T000)
The Air Force Special Duty Ribbon is a symmetrically striped ribbon 1 3⁄8 inches (35 mm) wide. At the outside edges of the ribbon are stripes of graphite blue and silver gray both 1⁄16 inch (1.6 mm) wide. Next is a broader stripe 3⁄16 inch (4.8 mm) wide of ultramarine blue, bordered on the inside by a stripe of silver gray next to a stripe of scarlet, both 1⁄16 inch (1.6 mm) wide. In the center of the ribbon is a white stripe 1⁄2 inch (13 mm) wide bisected by an ultramarine blue stripe 1⁄8 inch (3.2 mm) wide.
- "Production publication" (PDF). static.e-publishing.af.mil.
- "Air Force Guidance Memorandum for Air Force Instruction (AFI) 36-2803, The Air Force Military Awards and Decorations Program" (PDF). United States Air Force. Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- "Ribbon, Special Duty, U.S. Air Force". ASSIST Quick Search. Institute of Heraldry. Retrieved 11 October 2015.