|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Frequent-flyer program||Air Hamburg Executive Partner Card|
|Key people||Floris Helmers|
Originally the two young entrepreneurs Floris Helmers and Alexander Lipsky conducted the Flight School Hamburg and enlarged it in the last years. The business has since been expanded with sightseeing and taxi flights to the North and East Frisian Islands under the name AIR HAMBURG with single and twin-engined aircraft in 2005. Besides Sylt, the destinations Helgoland, Juist and Norderney were added subsequently. Another brand, AIR HAMBURG Private Jets was also established to offer business jet charter services to more distant destinations from Hamburg Airport. The company employs 54 members of staff.
Air Hamburg maintains the following four business units:
- Air Hamburg: With their own fleet, consisting of twin-engined machines of the type Britten-Norman Islander and Cessna 172 SP, AIR HAMBURG offers scheduled services to the North Sea islands from their base at Uetersen Airport or alternatively Hamburg Airport.
- Air Hamburg Private Jets: Air Hamburg also operates a fleet of Cessna Citation Private Jet aircraft capable of flights to any destination.
- Flight School Hamburg: The flight school offers training within the guidelines of JAR-FCL. The Flight School is one of the LBA accepted FTO (flight training organisation), which trains private and professional and traffic pilots. The following licenses can be acquired: PPL (A), IR (A), CPL (A) and ATPL (A).
- Café Himmelsschreiber: Air Hamburg also operates the Café Himmelsschreiber (German for skywriter) next to the general aviation centre (GAT) at Hamburg Airport.
As of December 2015, the Air Hamburg fleet consists of the following aircraft:
- Business jets
- 1 Embraer Legacy 600 (as of August 2016)
- 5 Embraer Legacy 650 (as of August 2016)
- 5 Embraer Phenom
- 11 Cessna Citation
- 1 Beechcraft King Air
- Island flights
- air-hamburg.de - Unsere Flugzeuge retrieved 31 December 2015
- "Global Airline Guide 2016 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2016): 15.
Media related to Air Hamburg at Wikimedia Commons