Air Headquarters (Pakistan Air Force)
|Pakistan Air Force|
Air Headquarters (AHQ) is the Headquarters of Pakistan Air Force, located at Islamabad. Initially it was established at Peshawar on 15 August 1947. Later it was moved to Karachi on 1 June 1948 and back to Peshawar in 1960. In 1983 construction of Air headquarters was started at Islamabad after it was decided to have all the armed forces headquarters in the capital city. On 1 August 2005 the headquarters was moved from Chaklala, Rawalpindi to Islamabad. During the construction of the headquarters building at Islamabad the headquarters offices were housed at PAF base Chaklala.
- Joint Staff Headquarters (Pakistan)
- General Headquarters (Pakistan Army)
- Naval Headquarters (Pakistan Navy)
- "Pakistan Air Force". Defence Journal. March 1998. Archived from the original on 18 October 2012. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- Eqbal Ahmad; Noam Chomsky; Carollee Bengelsdorf; Margaret Cerullo (13 June 2006). The Selected Writings of Eqbal Ahmad (1st ed.). Columbia University Press. p. 593. ISBN 978-0231127110. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- "Pakistani air force chief inaugurates new HQ in Islamabad". BBC. 2 August 2005.