Air Mail (album)
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||28 December 1980|
Air Mail is an album by the improvisational collective Air featuring Henry Threadgill, Steve McCall, and Fred Hopkins recorded for the Italian Black Saint label. The album consists of three compositions dedicated to Bobbie Kingsley, Ronnie Boykins, and Cecil Taylor & Jimmy Lyons.
|Penguin Guide to Jazz|||
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
- "B. K." (Steve McCall) – 8:55
- "R. B." (Fred Hopkins) – 8:19
- "C. T., J. L." (Henry Threadgill) – 18:27
- Recorded at Right Track Studio, New York City on December 28, 1980
- Henry Threadgill – tenor saxophone, alto saxophone, flute, bass flute, hubkaphone
- Fred Hopkins – bass
- Steve McCall – drums, bells
- Backstrom, L. & Lopez, R. Henry Threadgill discography accessed February 11, 2010
- Discogs album entry accessed February 11, 2010
- Cook, Richard; Brian Morton (2008) . "Air". The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings. The Penguin Guide to Jazz (9th ed.). New York: Penguin. p. 13. ISBN 978-0-14-103401-0.
- Wynn, R. Allmusic Review accessed February 11, 2010.
- Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 6. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.