|Hubs||Faa'a International Airport|
|Headquarters||Faaa, Tahiti, French Polynesia, France|
Air Moorea was a French airline based on the grounds of Faa'a International Airport in Faaa, Tahiti, French Polynesia, France near Papeete. It operated passenger services within the Polynesian islands. Its main base was Faa'a International Airport.
As of November 2010, the airline appeared to have stopped operations.
The Air Moorea fleet includes the following aircraft (at March 2007):
Accidents and incidents
On 9 August 2007, an Air Moorea Flight 1121 with 19 passengers and one pilot on board crashed into the lagoon about a minute after takeoff from Moorea Airport (Temae Airport) on the French Polynesian island of Moorea, with the loss of 20 lives. The flight was heading for the Tahiti, Faa'a International Airport.
The airline stated that this was its first crash in its 39-year history.
- "The Company Archived 2011-09-03 at the Wayback Machine." Air Moorea. Retrieved on 12 June 2011. "Our contact details Air Moorea - BP 6019 - 98702 Faa’a - Tahiti - French polynesia"
- "World Airline Directory." Flight International. 16–22 March 2004. 70. "BP 6019, Faaa International Airport, Faaa, Tahiti French Polynesia"
- Flight International 27 March 2007
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-03-25. Retrieved 2012-07-07.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "News releases: Viking Air". Archived from the original on 2008-05-06. Retrieved 2008-06-24.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Air Moorea.|
|This French Polynesia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|