This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||2 City Place, Beehive Ring Road, Gatwick, West Sussex, RH6 0PA
|Mark Briffa CEO|
Air Partner Plc is a global aviation services group. The Group is structured into four reporting divisions: Commercial Jet air charter, Private Jet Charter, air freight and Baines Simmons. The Commercial Jet division charters large airliners to move groups of any size. Cabot Aviation, which is formed within the Commercial Jet division, provides remarketing programmes for all types of commercial and corporate aircraft. Air Partner is headquartered alongside Gatwick airport in the United Kingdom. Air Partner operates 24/7 year-round and has 20 offices across Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia. The company is publicly listed on the London Stock Exchange as LSE: AIR, and is also ISO 9001:2008 compliant for commercial airline and private jet solutions worldwide.
Air Partner was launched in 1961 by Tony Mack Snr. Trading as Airways Training, it began as a school for military pilots converting to civilian licences using flight simulators and a fleet of Beagles. It was initially based in the art deco Beehive Terminal, Gatwick’s original terminal with its grass runways, which opened in 1936.
Following the years as a flying school, Air Partner formed an air taxi operation with a fleet of Chieftain, Piper Aztec, 125 and C550 aircraft. At this time the company name was changed to Air London to reflect the change in business focus.
In 1983 Air London decided to move away from the air taxi business and concentrate on aircraft broking. The company remained in the same location and the name was not changed from Air London to Air Partner until the global offices were introduced.
Air Partner became a PLC in 1995 when they achieved full listing on the London Stock Exchange.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Travel agency services are protected under the ATOL scheme; a financial protection that ensures if an ATOL tour operator fails customers will not lose their money or be stranded abroud.
- The company's travel agency has been named British Airways' preferred supplier for group bookings.
- Air Partner is a member of the Energy Industry Council (EIC), a trade association for UK companies supplying goods and services to the energy industries.
- The company is a member of FPAL, which works on behalf of its purchasing members in the oil and gas industries to identify, qualify, evaluate and monitor suppliers.
- Air Partner is a member of IATA for fuel broking service, and the in-house travel agency is IATA approved.
- The company is a member of the Scottish Council for Development and Industry.
- Air Partner is a member of the World Cargo Alliance, an international network of independent international freight forwarders.
- Air Partner is a Wyvern Broker. The Wyvern Standard is a safety standard whose requirements far exceed the regulatory requirements for commercial air charter operations and maintenance.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- 1989, Air Partner floated on the Unlisted Securities Market, the forerunner to the Alternative Investment Market (AIM)
- 1994, Overseas expansion begins with the opening of Air Partner France. The sub-charter division is launched.
- 1995, Company achieves full listing on the London Stock Exchange LSE: AIP.
- 1996, Air Partner unveils the CharterPLUS guarantee programme CharterPLUS, it includes $100 million third party liability insurance cover and aircraft failure protection.
- Air Partner opens its first US based offices based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Air Partner opens its second mainland European office in Cologne, Germany.
- Managing Director David Savile is appointed CEO.
- 1998, Air partner launches a specialist Freight division.
- Company name is changed from Air London to Air Partner.
- Air Partner Travel Consultants is launched. The IATA and ATOL bonded agency organises scheduled flights, limousine hire and accommodation.
- 2000, Air Partner enters Switzerland and Austria with offices in Zurich and Vienna, a second US office opens in New York.
- 24/7 office-based operations department opens at London Gatwick HQ.
- Emergency Planning is the new name for Rapid Air Support, the corporate pre-planned emergency air evacuation service launched in 2000.
- 2002, Air Partner opens offices in Dubai and a third US office opens in Washington DC.
- 2003, The first Far East Air Partner office opens in Singapore covering the Pacific Rim.
- Air Partner opens offices in New Delhi.
- Air Partner Launches the Jet Membership Programme.
- Royal Warrant awarded as Supplier of Aircraft Charter to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- 2005, Air Partner opens offices in Japan and Italy and opens a West Coast USA office in San Francisco, its fourth in North America.
- Air Partner makes a £4.4m purchase of London-based private jet operator and aircraft management and maintenance company Gold Air International. Gold Air ceases to exist as a trading name.
- The JetCard membership scheme is unveiled, superseding the Jet Membership Programme launched in 2004.
- Air Partner re-brands, launches a new corporate identity and creates two new internal trading boards - Private Jets and Commercial Jets.
- Air Partner opens offices in Malmő, Sweden, and opens a Benelux operation in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Air Partner offers an aviation emission offset service called CarbonNeutral JetCard.
- 2009, Fuel broking division re-selling Jet A-1 kerosene is launched.
- 2010, Air Partner opens an office in Istanbul, Turkey, and establishes a freight partnership in Hong Kong.
- "Terminals: the last word - News & Advice - Travel". The Independent. 2008-03-22. Retrieved 2013-11-28.
- Krol, Kimberly (2011-12-01). "Global Traveler Announces 8th Annual Reader Survey Award Winners | Global Traveler". Globaltravelerusa.com. Retrieved 2013-11-28.
- "Awards & Affiliations Of The Aircraft Charter Company". Air Partner. 2012-09-05. Retrieved 2013-11-28.
- "Members' Weblinks". SCDI. Retrieved 2013-11-28.
- "Royal Warrant". Airpartner.com. 2004-01-01. Retrieved 2013-11-28.
- "Royal Warrant renewed for Air Partner". Airpartner.com. 2011-09-01. Retrieved 2013-11-28.