This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Hubs||Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport|
|Headquarters||Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States|
Air Sunshine is an airline based in United States. It operates scheduled service to and from San Juan, Vieques, Puerto Rico, Anguilla, Dominica, Sint Maarten, Nevis, Tortola and Virgin Gorda in British Virgin Islands and St.Thomas in the US Virgin Islands. Its main base is Fort Lauderdale, with a Caribbean hub located in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
As of 1982 the airline considered Fort Lauderdale to be its corporate headquarters however the main base of operations is located in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Air Sunshine's website lists two separate post office boxes for contacts, one in Fort Lauderdale and another in San Juan.
- George Town - Exuma International Airport
- Kingston - Norman Manley International Airport
- St. Thomas - Cyril E. King International Airport
- San Juan - Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport
- Tortola - Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport
- Vieques - Antonio Rivera Rodríguez Airport
- Virgin Gorda - Virgin Gorda Airport
- Nevis - Vance W. Armory International Airport
- Sint Maarten - Princess Juliana International Airport
According to the airline's website, Air Sunshine also continues to operate Cessna 402 aircraft.
Other previously operated aircraft:
Accidents and incidents
Air Sunshine had a better than average safety record between 1997 and 2004 per the NTSB. Air Sunshine did have a crash that claimed two fatalities July 13, 2003 on a flight from Fort Lauderdale to Abaco Island, Bahamas. An engine failure caused an at sea ditching about 6 miles short of the Abaco Island airport. In that same period there were a few incidents. 
On January 7, 2007, an Air Sunshine Cessna 402, had hydraulic problems with the landing gear, in a flight from Virgin Gorda to San Juan (SJU), there were no injuries and the pilot managed to land the plane safely. The airport was closed for approximately 30 minutes until the emergency ceased.
On February 11, 2017, an Air Sunshine Cessna 402 overran the runway on Virgin Gorda following a brakes failure. The UK Air Accidents Investigation board has reported 'shortfalls' in procedure and recommended that the FAA review Air Sunshine's operations and maintenance.
- Airline Codes
- Moe. "Flights/Fares". www.airsunshine.com. Retrieved 2016-12-22.
- "Air Sunshine: It's Small But It's Right On Time." KNT News Service at Lakeland Ledger. Sunday April 15, 1985. 15D. Retrieved from Google News (59 of 99) on March 5, 2010.
- Flight International, 3–9 October 2006