Air Tahiti Nui
|Founded||31 October 1996|
|Commenced operations||20 November 1998|
|Hubs||Faa'a International Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||Club Tiare|
|Company slogan||Where the journey begins|
|Headquarters||Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia|
|Key people||Michel Monvoisin, CEO|
Air Tahiti Nui was established on 31 October 1996 and commenced flight operations on 20 November 1998. It is the first international airline based in Papeete, Tahiti, formed to develop inbound tourism. The government of French Polynesia is the major shareholder (84.4%) along with other local investors. Currently, Air Tahiti Nui has 782 employees.
In May 2015, Air Tahiti Nui announced its intention to replace its entire fleet, then consisting of five Airbus A340-300 aircraft. They will be replaced by four Boeing 787-9 aircraft, which are due to be delivered in 2018 and 2019.
In April 2018, in anticipation of its new fleet of Boeing 787-900s, Air Tahiti Nui launched its redesigned brandmark and updated typography. The redesigned logo is a joint collaboration between Future Brand and Polynesian contemporary artist Alexander Lee. The re-drawn brandmark represents a tiare flower (emblem of the airline since its beginning) in a 2/3 view, with the profile of a vahine (woman, in Tahitian) in its pistil; a node to Tahiti's reputation for beautiful women and flowers in the South Seas. 
The new flower, the third logo in the history of the brand, does not appear on the airline's 787 livery.
As of August 2019, Air Tahiti Nui serves the following destinations:
|Airbus A340-300||2||—||32||—||264||296||To be phased out by end of 2019 and replaced by Boeing 787-9s|
|Boeing 787-9||4||—||30||32||232||294||To be delivered by Q2 2019 to replace Airbus A340-300s|
- "Contacter." Air Tahiti Nui. Retrieved on 2 February 2011. "Tahiti - Siège social Immeuble Dexter – Pont de L’Est – Papeete BP 1673 – 98713 Papeete – Tahiti."
- Flight International 27 March 2007.
- "Air Tahiti Nui finalizes order for two B787-9s". ch-aviation. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- "Route Map - Air Tahiti Nui".
- "Profile on Air Tahiti Nui". CAPA. Centre for Aviation. Archived from the original on 2016-10-30. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- "Air Tahiti Nui / LATAM begins codeshare service from late-Aug 2018". Routesonline. 5 October 2018.
- "Air Tahiti Nui Fleet Details and History". Planespotters.net.
- "Air Tahiti Nui partners with Boeing for new aircraft". Air Tahiti Nui (Press release). 2 March 2015.
- Liu, Jim (22 March 2018). "Air Tahiti Nui schedules Boeing 787 Nov 2018 launch". Routesonline. UBM (UK) Ltd. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "RAPPORT D’OBSERVATIONS DEFINITIVES SEML AIR TAHITI NUI Exercices 2008 à 2011." (Archive) Chambre territoriale des comptes de Polynésie française. (in French)
Media related to Air Tahiti Nui at Wikimedia Commons