Air Tahiti Nui
|Founded||October 31, 1996|
|Commenced operations||November 20, 1998|
|Hubs||Faa'a International Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||Club Tiare|
|Airport lounge||International Lounge|
|Company slogan||Where the journey begins|
|Headquarters||Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia|
|Key people||Michel Monvoisin, CEO|
Air Tahiti Nui was established on 31 October 1996 and commenced flight operations on 20 November 1998. It is the first international airline based in Papeete, Tahiti, formed to develop inbound tourism and therefore operates international services for the low and high-end leisure travel markets. The government of French Polynesia is the major shareholder (84.4%) along with other local investors. Currently, Air Tahiti Nui has 782 employees.
In May 2015, Air Tahiti Nui announced to replace its entire fleet currently consisting of five Airbus A340-300s. Therefore it will buy two and lease another two Boeing 787-9s which are due to be delivered in 2018.
As of July 2015, Air Tahiti Nui serves the following destinations:
|Auckland||New Zealand||AKL||NZAA||Auckland Airport|
|Los Angeles||United States||LAX||KLAX||Los Angeles International Airport|
|Papeete||French Polynesia||PPT||NTAA||Faa'a International Airport [Hub]|
|Paris||France||CDG||LFPG||Charles de Gaulle Airport (via Los Angeles)|
|Tokyo||Japan||NRT||RJAA||Narita International Airport|
The airline also previously served destinations including New York - Kennedy (JFK), Osaka - Kansai (KIX), and Sydney (SYD).
Air Tahiti Nui has codeshare agreements with the following airlines:
|Airbus A340-300||5||—||30||0||264||294||to be phased out by 2018|
|Boeing 787-9||—||4||TBA||replacing Airbus A340-300s by 2018|
- "Contacter." Air Tahiti Nui. Retrieved on 2 February 2011. "Tahiti - Siège social Immeuble Dexter – Pont de L’Est – Papeete BP 1673 – 98713 Papeete – Tahiti."
- Flight International 27 March 2007
- Air Tahiti Nui Route Information
- "Air Tahiti Nui launches first-ever nonstop service between New York & South Pacific" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-03-04.
- Air Tahiti Nui Fleet Information retrieved 2010-01-30.
- New Cabin in 2013
- "Air Tahiti Nui partners with Boeing for new aircraft". "Air Tahiti Nui has announced that it will replace its entire long haul fleet with four new Boeing 787-9 aircraft. Delivery is expected to begin during the fourth quarter of 2018, coinciding with the company’s 20th anniversary celebrations."
- "RAPPORT D’OBSERVATIONS DEFINITIVES SEML AIR TAHITI NUI Exercices 2008 à 2011." (Archive) Chambre territoriale des comptes de Polynésie française. (French)
Media related to Air Tahiti Nui at Wikimedia Commons