Air University (Islamabad)
|Motto||Taking Academic Excellence To New Heights|
|Affiliation||Higher Education Commission (Pakistan), Pakistan Engineering Council, Association of Commonwealth Universities, International Association of Universities|
|Chancellor||President of Pakistan|
|Vice-Chancellor||Air Vice Marshal (R) Faaiz Amir, HI(M), S Bt.|
|Registrar||Air Cdre. (R) Muhammad Saleem|
|Colours||Black, outer space, jordy blue|
The Air University (AU) (Urdu: جامعہ فضایہ) is a public university located in Islamabad, Pakistan. It is established by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) in 2002. It is a civilian university and offers undergraduate and post-graduate programs in engineering, business management and humanities. The university is under the management of Pakistan Air Force's education command. It is ranked among the country's top ten universities in the Engineering and Technology category by the Higher Education Commission (Pakistan) (HEC). Air University is recognized by the Higher Education Commission (Pakistan) and accredited by the Pakistan Engineering Council. It is a member of Association of Commonwealth Universities of the United Kingdom and International Association of Universities
Faculties and Departments
The university's major faculties and departments are given below:
- Institute of Avionics and Aeronautics
- Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Department of Avionics Engineering
- Faculty of Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Mechatronics Engineering
- Faculty of Basic & Applied Sciences
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Physics
- Department of Mathematics
- Faculty of Administrative Sciences
- AUSOM (Air University School Of Management)
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Department of Humanities
|BS, BE||MS / M Phil||Ph.D.|
|Business Administration (BBA)|
|Accounts and Finance|
Students can augment their learning through practical work in laboratories. These labs include:
- Aerodynamics Laboratory (ADL)
- National centre for cyber-security (NCCS)
- Aerospace Sensors & Systems Laboratory
- Micro-Electro-Mechancial-Systems (MEMS) Laboratory
- Avionics Integration Laboratory
- Communication Security and Embedded Systems Laboratory
- Computer Laboratory
- Computer Aided Engineering Laboratory (CAEL)
- CNC Machines and Robotics Laboratory
- Control Engineering Laboratory
- Digital Electronics Laboratory
- Digital Signal Processing Laboratory
- Dynamics and Strength Laboratory (DSL)
- ECM and Radar Laboratory
- Electro-optics Laboratory
- Electronic Systems Laboratory
- Embedded Systems Laboratory
- Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
- Heat and Mass Transfer Laboratory
- Industrial Automation Laboratory
- Lego Mindstroms – Advanced Mechatronics Laboratory
- Machine Design Laboratory
- Materials and Structures Laboratory (MSL)
- Mechanics of Materials Laboratory
- Mechanical Workshop
- Power Electronics and Electrical Machines Laboratory
- Power Systems Laboratory
- Projects Laboratory
- RF and Optical Communication Laboratory
- Thermo Fluids and Propulsion Laboratory (TFPL)
- Thermodynamics Laboratory
Student run organizations, societies and clubs are present in Air University. These include:
- Air University Adventure Club (AUAC)
- Air Media Club (AMC)
- Cultural Society (AUCS)
- Thespian Society (AUTS)
- Sports Club (AUSC)
- Music Society (AUMS)
- Islamic Society (AUIS)
- Engineering Research and Computer Society
- Literary Society (AULS)
- Science and Technology Society
- Drama (Thespian) Society
- Performing Arts Society
- Allama Iqbal Society
- Sha'oor - The Society
Air University Multan campus
In 2011, Air University established its second in Multan, Punjab, Pakistan. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in Management Sciences, Accounting & Finance, Information Technology, Mathematics and Computer Science.
- "Why air university". Why air university. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "Timeline of AU". Timeline of AU. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "HEC rankings". HEC rankings. Archived from the original on 2013-11-13.
- "ACU Members". ACU.
- "Department Of Electrical Engineering". Air University official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- "Department Of Mechatronics Engineering". Air University official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- "Department Of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering". Air University official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- "Au School Of Management". Air University official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- "Department Of Physics". Air University official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- "Department Of Computer Science". Air University official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- "Department Of Mathematics". Air University official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- "Department Of Humanities". Air University official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- "Department Of Avionics Engineering". Air University official Website. Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- "Research Labs-Air University". Au.edu.pk. Retrieved 2012-02-03.
- "SHA'OOR - The Society :: Spreading Awareness | We are dedicated to bring academic, social and moral awareness in the society". Shaoorpakistan.org. 2011-12-20. Archived from the original on 2012-02-20. Retrieved 2012-02-03.