|Founded||21 August 1993|
The airline was established and started operations in August 1993. It was founded as International Joint Stock Aviation Company URGA, initially concentrating on charter flights. Regular passenger flights from Kiev and Kryvyi Rih were added in May 1997. Air Urga is owned by the State Property Fund of Ukraine (51%) and American International Consulting Corp (43.5%). It has 378 employees.
As of May 2017 the number of destinations that the company can fly to has been significantly reduced due to being put on the EU's air safety blacklist along with 180 other airlines. URGA will be unable to fly to EU destinations until these safety issues are addressed. However, as of May 2017 the airline was not operating any regular passenger flights.
Air Urga operates charter passenger and cargo flights from various Ukrainian airports to destinations in the Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Syria, and United Arab Emirates. Its main base is the Kropyvnytskyi Airport (KGO).
As of June 2018, the Air Urga fleet includes the following aircraft:
One additional Cessna 172 is used as a training aircraft.
- "IATA - Airline and Airport Code Search". iata.org. Retrieved 11 April 2015.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-03-27. p. 68.
- "Авиакомпания URGA - осваивает новые маршруты (АвиаПорт)". АвиаПорт.Ru (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-05-24.
- "Ukraine's Aviation Company Urga put on EU air safety blacklist". News agency Vector News English. Retrieved 2017-05-18.
- "УРГА". urga.com.ua. Retrieved 2017-05-24.
- "УРГА". urga.com.ua. Retrieved 2018-06-21.
Media related to Air Urga at Wikimedia Commons