Typical gameplay screenshot.
AirBurst is a video game developed by Strange Flavour and published by Freeverse for Mac OS. On October 25, 2007, it was announced for Xbox Live Arcade game for the Xbox 360. There is currently no release date for the Xbox 360 release but the game is available for testing on Partnernet, the private Xbox 360 developer site.
The game has been described as "an inverted version of Pong", in which players divert a "deadly chainsaw-bladed burster ball" with a paddle towards other players' platforms, which are made of balloons. Each player is armed with a bat which can be used to deflect the ball away from their balloons and towards their opponents. There are also a host of power-ups that affect gameplay. The XBLA version uses ReplicaNet for online play.
An enhanced version was released in 2004 for Mac OS X as Airburst Extreme.
In other media
On July 27, 2014 an animated short named AirBurst: The Soda of Doom screened at the San Diego Children's Film Festival at San Diego Comic-Con and featured characters from the games AirBurst and AirBurst: Extreme.
- "This way to the secret title". Strange Flavour. 2008-07-17. Retrieved 2009-01-26.
- Mitchell, Richard (2007-10-25). "Freeverse bringing Airburst to XBLA". Joystiq. Retrieved 2009-01-26.
- Brimhall, Noah (2001-11-08). "Review: Airburst". Inside Mac Games. Retrieved 2009-01-26.
- "ReplicaNet". Strange Flavour. 2008-02-15. Archived from the original on 13 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-26.
- Fothergill, Aaron (2014). "Airburst – The Soda Of Doom". Strange Flavour. Retrieved 2014-09-24.
- "San Diego Int'l Children's Film Festival - Program 1 - Animation Showcase!". San Diego Comic-Con. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
|This paddle-and-ball video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|