Airports Council International
Airports Council International (ACI) is the only global trade representative of the world’s airport authorities. Established in 1991, ACI represents airports’ interests with governments and international organizations, develops standards, policies and recommended practices for airports, and it provides information and training opportunities to raise the standards around the world. It aims to provide the public a safe, secure, efficient and an environmentally responsible air transport system.
It is governed by the ACI Governing Board. ACI World is located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. ACI works on a daily basis with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and is a member of the Air Transport Action Group (ATAG).
In 2012, ACI member airports worldwide handled 5.7 billion arriving and departing passengers, 92.5 million metric tonnes of cargo and 79 million movements.
ACI reported 573 members operating 1751 airports in 174 countries and territories, representing over 95 percent of global airport traffic. ACI regular members are owners or operators, other than airlines, of one or more civil airports with commercial air services.
- ACI-North America: Washington, D.C. (with a Canadian Division satellite office in Ottawa)
- ACI-Europe: Brussels, Belgium
- ACI-Latin America and Caribbean: Panama City, Panama
- ACI Asia-Pacific: Hong Kong – encompassing mainland Asia, Australasia, Indonesian Archipelago, the island nations in the Pacific Ocean, Vancouver (Canada), San Francisco (USA) and Hawaii (USA).
- ACI-Africa: Casablanca, Morocco
Airport Service Quality Awards
The ACI gives out the Airport Service Quality Awards (ASQ), based on passenger satisfaction ratings in the ASQ Survey, which is a global survey based on interviews with passengers on the day of travel. Along with the World Airport Awards by Skytrax, it is considered one of the most prestigious accolades in the industry.
The awards are given out in five categories:
- Best Airport by Region
- Best Airport by Size
- Best Regional Airport
- Best Improvement
Best Airport Worldwide
|2006||Incheon International Airport||Hong Kong International Airport||Kuala Lumpur International Airport|
|2007||Incheon International Airport||Kuala Lumpur International Airport||Singapore Changi Airport|
|2008||Incheon International Airport||Singapore Changi Airport||Hong Kong International Airport|
|2009||Incheon International Airport||Singapore Changi Airport||Hong Kong International Airport|
|2010||Incheon International Airport||Singapore Changi Airport||Hong Kong International Airport|
|2011||Incheon International Airport||Singapore Changi Airport||Beijing Capital International Airport|
- "World's best airports announced – Asia dominates" CNN Go. 15 February 2012. Retrieved 12 April 2012
- "ASQ Award Winners 2006". ACI. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "ASQ Award Winners 2007". ACI. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "ASQ Award Winners 2008". ACI. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "ASQ Award Winners 2009". ACI. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "ASQ Award Winners 2010". ACI. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "ASQ Award Winners 2011". ACI. Retrieved 14 February 2015.