From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Airspeed is the speed of an aircraft relative to the air.
Airspeed may also refer to:
Specific measures of airspeed
- Calibrated airspeed (CAS), indicated airspeed, corrected for instrument error and position error
- Equivalent airspeed(EAS), the airspeed at sea level which represents the same dynamic pressure as that flying at the true airspeed at altitude
- Indicated airspeed (IAS), the airspeed read directly from the airspeed indicator on an aircraft
- True airspeed (TAS), the speed of an aircraft relative to the airmass in which it flies
Other uses in aviation
- Airspeed indicator, a flight instrument that displays airspeed
- Airspeed Aviation, a small regional airline based in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
- Air-Speed Inc, a defunct American airline
- Airspeed Ltd., a British aircraft manufacturer
- Air speed (HVAC)
- Airspeed (film), a 1998 Canadian film
- Air Speed, a discount skateboard shoe brand sold by Wal-Mart and endorsed by skateboarder Mike McGill
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Airspeed.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.