|Fate||acquired by Mavenir Systems|
|Founded||United States (2004)|
Airwide Solutions was a privately held (majority shareholder smac|partners Germany), but United States-based mobile messaging and wireless internet infrastructure company. It was acquired by Mavenir Systems in May 2011.
Neil Papworth, a test engineer at Sema at the time, sent the world's first SMS message from an R&D lab using a personal computer to Richard Jarvis of Vodafone using an Orbitel 901 handset in December 1992.
In May 2011, the company was purchased by Mavenir Systems, Inc.
- "Mavenir Raises $40M and Acquires Airwide Solutions — Tech News and Analysis". Gigaom.com. 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- "Airwide Solutions Secures $25 Million in Financing to Address Emerging Opportunities in Mobile Commu". ClickPress. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- Greenville, Mike (2007-11-27). "Airwide Takes First Hop". 160characters. Archived from the original on 2014-09-01.
- "Airwide Solutions says Happy 15th Birthday to SMS". Industry News. European Communications. London. 2007-12-05.
- "4th Screen Advertising Takes Gold at Visiongain MAMAs Awards". Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- "Airwide Solutions, Inc.: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
|This article about a telecommunications corporation or company in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|