Aishwarya R. Dhanush
|Aishwarya R. Dhanush|
1 January 1982 |
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Occupation||Dancer, Playback Singer, Director|
|Relatives||Soundarya R Ashwin (Sister)|
Aishwarya Dhanush (born 1 January 1982) is an Indian film director and classical dancer. She is the elder daughter of legendary actor Superstar Rajinikanth. She made her feature film début with 3 (2012) starring her husband Dhanush. She has occasionally done playback singing.
Aishwarya was born to actor Rajinikanth and Latha Rangachari. She has a younger sister, Soundarya Rajinikanth, who works in the Tamil film industry as well. Aishwarya is married to the Indian film actor Dhanush, with whom she has two sons, Yatra (born 2006) and Linga (born 2010).
She was a judge on STAR Vijay's dance competition Jodi Number One in its third season alongside actors Sangeetha and Jeeva. She became a playback singer with the film Whistle alongside Silambarasan, which was then followed by the song "Un Mela Aasadhan" in the film Aayirathil Oruvan, for which she also worked as an assistant director.
In August 2011, she announced that she would direct her husband and Shruti Haasan in her first feature film titled 3, with Dhanush going on to clarify that it would be his only film under his wife's direction. The film gained high anticipation prior to release after the song "Why This Kolaveri Di" from its soundtrack, composed by her cousin Anirudh Ravichander, went viral and became an internet phenomenon. She appeared alongside the lead cast and composer in the making of the video. In July 2015, Aishwarya announced she will soon launch a Youtube channel under the banner of "Ten Entertainment" to exclusively promote original content and short films by aspiring filmmakers. 
|2012||3||Tamil||Nominated—SIIMA Award for Best Débutante Director|
|2015||Vai Raja Vai||Tamil|
|2010||Un Mela Aasadhan||Aayirathil Oruvan||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer - Tamil (with Andrea Jeremiah)|
As voice actor
|2010||Reemma Sen||Aayirathil Oruvan|
- "70 persons get Kalaimamani awards". The Hindu. 2009-02-25. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- "Rajinikanth turns grandpa". The Hindu. 2006-10-12. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- Muthalaly, Susan (2005-07-01). "Silken choices to colour your hair". The Hindu. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- "It is an all women drive". The Hindu. 2008-08-05. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- ‹See TfD›Dhanush shares happy about his second child on Twitter.
- "Serials". The Hindu. 2008-09-26. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- Shankar (2011-12-03). "3 is my first and last movie under Aishwarya's direction - Dhanush | 'மனைவி ஐஸ்வர்யா இயக்கத்தில் நான் நடிக்கும் முதலும் கடைசியுமான படம் '3'! - தனுஷ் - Oneindia Tamil". Tamil.oneindia.in. Retrieved 2012-01-01.
- "Aishwarya Dhanush to launch YouTube channel".