This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||1974 (age 44–45)|
Aislín McGuckin is an Irish actress who was born in Newry, County Down, Ireland in 1974. Since 2004, she has been married to actor Aidan McArdle. She is best known for her role as Dr. Liz Merrick in Heartbeat and as being one of the two doctors to leave alive. She has also appeared in theatre, various minor roles in TV and films including The Nephew and The White Countess. From 2014 to 2015, she starred as Letitia MacKenzie in Starz' Outlander (TV series).
Selected stage appearances
- April 2005: Olivia in Twelfth Night, Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon
- February 2009: The Home Place, Grand Opera House, Belfast
- March 2010: Title rôle in The Duchess of Malfi, Greenwich Theatre, London
- May 2011: Lady Macbeth in Macbeth, Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon
- 1996: Trojan Eddie
- 1998: The Nephew
- 1998: The Unknown Soldier (TV)
- 1998: The Creatives (TV series)
- 1999: David Copperfield (TV)
- 2003-04: Heartbeat (TV series)
- 2005: The White Countess
- 2008-09: Holby City (TV series)
- 2014-present: Outlander (TV series)
- Bell, Jane (16 February 2009). "There are too few really good roles for women". Belfast Telegraph. Belfast. p. 9.
- Macaulay, Alastair (2 May 2005). "Twelfth Night". Financial Times. London. p. 15.
- Billington, Michael (28 March 2010). "The Duchess of Malfi". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 28 May 2010.
|This article about a television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|