This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Aistė Smilgevičiūtė|
|Also known as||Aistė|
|Born||29 October 1977|
|Origin||Plungė, Lithuanian SSR, Soviet Union|
|Genres||Folk, jazz, pop rock|
|Occupation(s)||Vocalist, lyricist, songwriter|
Aistė Smilgevičiūtė (born 29 October 1977) is a Lithuanian singer. She performs folk music, jazz, pop rock and other kinds of alternative music. Since 1996, Smilgevičiūtė has been a member of the music band "Skylė".
Smilgevičiūtė participated as a Lithuanian contestant in the Eurovision Song Contest 1999, held in Israel, singing a modern folk song, "Strazdas" ("Song Thrush"), in the Samogitian dialect. This song made 20th place in the competition, with 13 points.
- Aistė po vandeniu (Aistė Under Water, 1996)
- Sakmė apie laumę Martyną (Tale About Pixie Martyna, 1996)
- Strazdas (Thrush, 1999, single)
- Tavo žvaigždė (Your Star, 2000, single)
- Babilonas (Babylon, 2000)
- Užupio himnas (Hymn of Užupis, 2001)
- Nepamirštoms žvaigždėms (To Unforgotten Stars, 2003)
- Povandeninės kronikos (Underwater Chronicles, 2007)
- Sapnų trofėjai (Trophies of Dreams, 2009)
- Broliai (Brothers, 2010)
- Vilko Vartai (Gates of the Wolf, 2015)
|Awards and achievements|
with "Lopšinė mylimai"
|Lithuania in the Eurovision Song Contest
with "You Got Style"
|This article about a Lithuanian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|