José Gonzalo Zulaica (San Sebastián, Spain, 1886–1956), better known by his pen name Aita Donostia (Father Donostia or Father San Sebastian, because he was a priest born in San Sebastian, Donostia in the Basque language), was a Basque musicologist and composer. He was also known as José Antonio de Donostia.
From 1936 to 1943 he was in exile in France.
His most popular work is the Basque Preludes, a set of fifteen piano pieces inspired by Basque traditional music, arranged in a very romantic way, that reminds Robert Schumann's and Edvard Grieg's styles.
- Ahots eta pianorako musika (I) - Complete music for voice and piano
- Ahots eta pianorako musika (II)
- Ahots eta pianorako musika (III) Almudena Ortega, soprano and Josu Okiñena, piano NB001 2005
- Ahots eta pianorako musika (IV) Almudena Ortega, soprano and Josu Okiñena, piano NB002 2006
- New Grove
- Obras musicales del Padre Donostia: Piano José Antonio de Donostia, Jorge de Riezu - 1972 -
|This article about a Spanish composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|