A general view of Aizac
|• Mayor (2014-2020)||Edmond Fargier|
|Area1||6.65 km2 (2.57 sq mi)|
|• Density||24/km2 (61/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||07003 /07530|
|Elevation||420–1,200 m (1,380–3,940 ft)
(avg. 600 m or 2,000 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Aizacois or Aizacoises
Aizac is located some 30 km east of Langogne and 40 km west of Livron-sur-Drome close to the Mont d'Ardeche Regional National Park. Access to the commune is difficult with only three circuitous roads entering the commune. From Vals-les-Bains in the south the D578 goes north then left to the D243 which eventually comes close to the western border of the commune where there is a right turn to the D443 which enters the commune and joins the D254 at the village. The D254 road enters the commune from Labastide-sur-Besorgues in the north-west and continues through the commune exiting on the eastern side intersecting with the D578 which goes north and south. Other than small mountain roads no other roads enter the commune. The village is very small with only a few houses and there are a few other houses scattered through the commune.
List of Successive Mayors of Aizac
(Not all data is known)
In 2010, the commune had 154 inhabitants. The evolution of the number of inhabitants is known through the population censuses conducted in the town since 1793. From the 21st century, a census of municipalities with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants is held every five years, unlike larger towns that have a sample survey every year.[Note 1]
Distribution of Age Groups
The population of the town is relatively old. The rate of persons above the age of 60 years (28.9%) is significantly higher than the national rate (21.8%) and departmental level (26.8%). Like the national and departmental allocations, the female population of the municipality is higher than the male population. The rate (52.4%) is of the same order of magnitude as the national rate (51.9%).
Percentage Distribution of Age Groups in Aizac and Ardèche Department in 2008
|0 to 14 Years||15.2||16.1||18.7||16.9|
|15 to 29 Years||8.9||11.5||15.5||14.2|
|30 to 44 Years||13.9||19.5||20.2||19.2|
|45 to 59 Years||32.9||24.1||21.7||20.6|
|60 to 74 Years||19.0||17.2||15.7||16.0|
|75 to 89 Years||10.1||11.5||7.8||11.6|
- Evolution and Structure of the population of the Commune in 2008, INSEE.
- Results of the Census for Ardèche in 2008, INSEE.
Sites and Monuments
- Remains of Aizac volcano
- A Romanesque Church from the 11th century including a baptistry and font. The church has several items that are registered as historical objects:
Notes and references
- At the beginning of the 21st century, the methods of identification have been modified by law No. 2002-276 of 27 February 2002 , the so-called "law of local democracy" and in particular Title V "census operations" which allow, after a transitional period running from 2004 to 2008, the annual publication of the legal population of the different French administrative districts. For municipalities with a population greater than 10,000 inhabitants, a sample survey is conducted annually, the entire territory of these municipalities is taken into account at the end of the period of five years. The first "legal population" after 1999 under this new law came into force on 1 January 2009 and was based on the census of 2006.
- Inhabitants of Ardeche (French)
- Google Maps
- List of Mayors of France (French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM07001310 Statue: Saint Roch (French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM07001309 Statue: Virgin and child (French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM07001308 Altar (French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM07000456 Stoup (French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM07000455 Baptismal font (French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aizac.|