|Number of lines||1 (planned)|
|System length||5 km (3.1 mi)|
|Electrification||750 V DC|
|Average speed||31 km/h (19 mph)|
|Top speed||80 km/h (50 mph)|
Aizawl Monorail is the proposed Monorail for the town of Aizawl, capital of the state of Mizoram in North-East India. The decision for Monorail is taken because of increase in number of vehicles in town causing too much traffic problems.
There is only one line of length 5km running from north to the south of Aizawl.
- Corridor (5km):- Zemabawk - Kulikawn
Government of Mizoram has asked, Rail India Technical & Economic Services Limited (RITES), to prepare a technical as well as economic feasibility report of this mono rail system in Aizawl. The monorail project will be executed under Build, Own, Operate and Transfer(BOOT) basis.
- Our Special Correspondent (2011-03-21). "The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Northeast | Monorail project for Aizawl". Telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- "Mono Rail And Cable Car in Aizawl?". Sinlung. 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- "News # ]". Newkerala.com. 2012-12-16. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- "Monorail project for Aizawl « Lawrkhawm". Lawrkhawm.com. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- "Considerable Headway in Mizoram Monorail Project | Northeast Today". Northeasttoday.in. 2012-02-10. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- "Headway in Aizawl mono rail project". Telegraphindia.com. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- "Aizawl mulls monorail to ease traffic jams". News.webindia123.com. 2011-03-09. Retrieved 2012-12-24.