|Full name||Mohammad Aizaz Khan|
21 March 1993 |
|Bowling style||Right-arm medium-fast|
|ODI debut (cap 28)||8 November 2014 v Papua New Guinea|
|Last ODI||26 January 2016 v Scotland|
|T20I debut (cap 1)||16 March 2014 v Nepal|
|Last T20I||12 March 2016 v Scotland|
Source: CricketArchive, 25 March 2016
Mohammad Aizaz Khan (born 21 March 1993) is a Hong Kong international cricketer. Of Pakistani descent, he debuted for the Hong Kong national side in 2009, and has since played regularly for the team as a right-arm fast bowler and competent lower-order batsman.
Having played age group cricket for Hong Kong Under-19s in the 2010 Under-19 World Cup, Aizaz made his World Cricket League debut for Hong Kong in the 2011 World Cricket League Division Three, where he helped Hong Kong earn promotion to that year's WCL Division Two. It was in this tournament that he made his List A debut, against Uganda.
He played four further List A matches in the competition, the last coming against Namibia. In his five matches, Aizaz scored 71 runs at a batting average of 17.75, with a high score of 33. He also took a single wicket in the competition, that of United Arab Emirates batsman Shaiman Anwar.
At the 2012 ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier, played in the United Arab Emirates, Aizaz took ten wickets from eight matches, behind only Nizakat Khan (11 wickets) for Hong Kong. These came at an average of 17.40, and included a man-of-the-match performance, 5/25, against the United States, who made 101 all out in response to Hong Kong's 177/4 in the tournament's 11th place play-off.
Hong Kong's performance at the 2014 World Cup Qualifier allowed them to regain the ODI status they had previously held. Hong Kong also qualified for the group stage of the 2014 ICC World Twenty20, and Aizaz made his Twenty20 International debut during the tournament, against Nepal. He went on to make his One Day International debut for Hong Kong in November 2014, against Papua New Guinea in Australia. On debut, he scored 42 runs batting eighth – his highest List A score. Hong Kong toured Sri Lanka in the same month to play Nepal, and Aizaz was named the man of the match in the single Twenty20 International the two teams played, taking 2/4 from four overs (as well as two catches) and top-scoring with 21 runs in Hong Kong's two-wicket victory.
- "Youth One-Day International Matches played by Aizaz Khan". CricketArchive. Retrieved 21 May 2011. (Subscription required (. ))
- "List A Matches played by Aizaz Khan". CricketArchive. Retrieved 21 May 2011. (Subscription required (. ))
- "List A Batting and Fielding For Each Team by Aizaz Khan". CricketArchive. Retrieved 21 May 2011. (Subscription required (. ))
- "United Arab Emirates v Hong Kong, 2011 ICC World Cricket League Division Two". CricketArchive. Retrieved 21 May 2011. (Subscription required (. ))
- ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier, 2011/12 / Records / Most wickets – ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- (23 March 2012). Scotland claim fifth in dramatic finish – ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- International Twenty20 matches played by Aizaz Khan (2) – CricketArchive. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- "Hong Kong tour of Australia, 1st ODI: Papua New Guinea v Hong Kong at Townsville, Nov 8, 2014". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- Hong Kong v Papua New Guinea, Digicel ODI Series 2014/15 (1st ODI) – CricketArchive. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- Hong Kong tour of Sri Lanka, 4th T20I: Hong Kong v Nepal at Colombo (PSS), Nov 24, 2014 – ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 24 November 2014.