Refurbished 485 series set G55/58 on an Aizu Liner service, March 2012
|Current operator(s)||JR East|
|Average journey time||1 hour|
|Service frequency||3 return services daily|
|Line used||Banetsu West Line|
|Rolling stock||485 series/583 series EMUs|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
|Electrification||20,000 V AC overhead|
|Operating speed||95 km/h (60 mph)|
The Aizu Liner (あいづライナー) is a limited-stop "Rapid" train service in Japan operated by the East Japan Railway Company (JR East) between Kōriyama and Aizu-Wakamatsu on the Banetsu West Line in Fukushima Prefecture.
Services stop at the following stations. Not all services stop at Kikuta Station.
Services are normally formed of a 6-car 485 series limited express-type electric multiple unit (EMU) set number G55/58 based at Sendai Depot, sometimes substituted by a 6-car 583 series EMU (set N1/2). Prior to 25 February 2012, services were normally operated by Sendai-based 6-car 485 series set A1/2.
Trains are formed as shown below, with car 1 at the Kōriyama end. Cars 5 and 6 are reserved-seating cars.
|Numbering||KuHa 481||MoHa 484||MoHa 485||MoHa 484||MoHa 485||KuHa 481|
|Numbering||KuHaNe 583||MoHaNe 582||MoHaNe 583||MoHaNe 582||MoHaNe 583||KuHaNe 583|
In June 2011, the Sendai-based 6-car 485 series EMU set A1/2 normally used on Aizu Liner services was repainted from its previous "Akabē" livery into JNR beige and maroon, returning to service from 2 June 2011.
Regular Aizu Liner services were discontinued from the start of the revised timetable introduced on 14 March 2015. Seasonal rapid services, named simply Aizu, however operate during busy holiday periods, using six-car 485 series EMU trainsets.
- JR新幹線＆特急列車ファイル [JR Shinkansen & Limited Express Train File]. Japan: Kōtsū Shimbun. 2008. p. 140. ISBN 978-4-330-00608-6.
- JR Timetable, August 2011 issue, p.660-661
- “あいづライナー”に485系ラッピング車両 [Decorated 485 series for "Aizu Liner"]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 27 February 2012. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- JR電車編成表 2012冬 [JR EMU Formations - Winter 2012]. Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. October 2011. p. 26. ISBN 978-4-330-25611-5.
- 快速“あいづライナー”，485系国鉄色編成で運転開始 [JNR-liveried 485 series enters service on "Aizu Liner" rapid]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 5 June 2011. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- 2015年3月ダイヤ改正について [March 2015 timetable revision details] (PDF). News release (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company, Sendai Division. 19 December 2014. p. 6. Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 January 2015. Retrieved 31 January 2015.
- 春の臨時列車のお知らせ [Details of additional spring train services] (PDF). News release (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company, Sendai Division. 23 January 2015. p. 4. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2015. Retrieved 31 January 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aizu Liner.|