|• Olupo of Ajasse-ipo||HRM, Oba Sikiru Woleola II|
|• Ethnicity||Yoruba (Igbomina)|
|Time zone||WAT (UTC+1)|
Ajasse Ipo is an ancient town in Igbomina-Yoruba land of Kwara State. Ajasse Ipo is sometimes spelt as Ajase-Ipo and is also known as Ajasse or Ajasepo. It is one of the prominent towns in Irepodun Local Government Area of the Kwara State. Ajasse Ipo is situated in the northeastern part of Yoruba land in northcentral Nigeria and consists of other different villages such as Eleyoka, Amberi, Falokun, Araromi etc. The present ruler of Ajasse Ipo also referred to as Olupo, is Oba Sikiru Woleola II.
Ajasse Ipo is located at Latitude: 8° 13' 60 N Longitude: 4° 49' 0 E as displayed on world map, coordinates and short location facts. The town serves as major junction for all other major cities and towns in Kwara State, Nigeria including Ilorin (Kwara State capital), Omu-Aran (Irepodun LG Headquarter), Offa and Igbaja.
Tertiary Institutions in Ajasse ipo
1. North South College of Health Technology, Ajasse Ipo
2. International Vocational Technical and Entrepreneurship College, Ajaase-Ipo
3. Institute of Basic and Advanced Educational Studies, Ajasse Ipo.
Other Institutions in Ajasse ipo
1. Comprehensive High School Ajasse Ipo
2. Girls Day Secondary school
3. Baptist Primary School
4. Community Primary School
5. Banwo Nursery and primary school
6. Banwo College
7. Abiola Nursery and primary school
8. Abiola Standard College
9. Alade Nursery and primary school
10. Alade College
Eulogy of Olupo
Emi Ni omo Olupo alelu
Molentente momu joba
Motalala mo mu joye Ni moje
Eyan ti o ba se ori Olupo pele alowo, abimo, asowo ajere
Abode pade owo aba won naa omo aba won je
Aiyewa a toro bi omi owuro pon
Omi atoro pon ko toro bi omi iyaleta
Nijo ti Olupo N womo ti ko romo
Nijo naa lo wa omo lo si idi ogan
Nigbogbo won se n je Logan Logan l’Oyo Ipo
Emi Ni omo Ariganjoye Baba Ronke
Oba lo dabayi, adijale Oba
Osupa Ajase, Baba Sumonu
Kosi eni ti kiwu, oko Iwaloye
Ajade ma tan ni ile Baba Yahaya
Alaburo bi eni leru Baba Aarinwoye
Timutimu ko wo inu abaa, oko Oguntomi
Omo Oniro dalagbe lohun
Odabiowo, oko Olujo.
OLUPO ONIRO [Ibrahim Ayinde]
Eledu ko jeun tan rara
Agbalagba ko tayo epe
Agba to fe ewe ni ew N fe
Agbenuke eni ti aba je ti aba mu, oun ni tobi loju eni
Aralagbe masa, Baba Abdulkadri (Ariganjoye)
Totun tosi lofin nawo, Baba Lawani (Arojojoye)
Ki ri alejo ko roju, Baba Asumowu
Ko si eni ti ki nawo fun Baba Buhari
Ti Gambari ba dele re yio fi ata panu
Ogbegbe ti gbo omo gesin
Owowo ti wo akiwi lewu
Oda yio dun fun Ajayi, oko Oderonke
Opa baba mo esin lese oko Ibijoju
Esin je ko, baba Ayinde N mi gbongan gbongan, baba Ayinde mai mi mo ko je ki esin Olayanju je oko Oba
Omo erin kole, oko oju si Igbo, efon kole oko oju si oja Oba
Oko konbi koko, oko to kankan
Onile okankan Baba Ibidere.
Baba mi Ajado oloro
Abo bi ifa
Ebora oke odan
Ogbe agbala fohun okunrin
Agbogun lowo Baba Olaniran
Oroki Baba Magbagbe ola
Eyi tomi layo Baba Pela
Oba lomu l’Ajase, Oba biwapele
Ogbe ori iroko dajo egun Baba Oya
Alagbala a sa si Baba Ibrahim.
1. Ita oba: A festival to behold as it attracts almost all the indigenes of Ajasse Ipo with various activities such as traditional dance, competitions and relaxation
2. Odo Osin (River) which was thought to have been a fat pretty woman before she turns to a river in Ila Orangun when she was insulted for her bareness, she flows from Ila Orangun, to Ajasse Ipo, Ilala and many other places. River Osin, which runs from Ila-Orangun right into the River Niger practically encircles all the Igbomina peoples with the exception of only two or three.<Aboyeji, Adeniyi Justus, "Foreign Influence on Igbomina" Unpublished Ph.D Thesis, Department of History and International Studies, University of Ilorin, Nigeria, March, 2015>
3. Oba Igba: A man who did not die but reduce to a day-old baby size. Kept in a calabash, no one should look inside the calabash till date.
4. Odu Ajasse Ipo
5. Central Ifa temple
6. Afin Oba's palace beautifully built and decorated by Ex-Governor of Kwara State "Governor Mohammed Alabi Lawal".
7. Comprehensive High School Fish pound and many other attractions
Major festivals in Ajasse Ipo include:
4. Ajasse-ipo day and
The present Olupo of Ajasse Ipo is Olupo Sikiru Sanni Woleola II (2009 - date).
North South College of Health Technology, Ajasse Ipo
North-South College of Health Technology is located along Igbo-Nla in Ajase-Ipo, Kwara State. It is a private partnership College established by the Board of Trustees/Directors of North-South Educational Investment Limited as an arm of the Educational Investment Limited in Nigeria. It was duly registered by the Corporate Affairs Commission and approved by the Government of Kwara State through the Ministry of Tertiary Education and Technology. All their programmes are recognized and goes in-line with the requirements of the appropriate health professional regulatory bodies regulating such health care profession and training in Nigeria.
1. Ajasse Ipo website, www.ajasseipo.webs.com
2. Noscohtech website,