Ajay Singh Chautala
|Ajay Singh Chautala|
|Member of the Vidhan Sabha from Mandi Dabwali|
|Member of the Indian Parliament
1999 – February 2004
13 March 1961 |
Sirsa District, Punjab, India (now Haryana)
|Political party||Indian National Lok Dal|
|Spouse(s)||Nayna Singh Chautala|
|Children||Dushyant Chautala, Digvijay Chautala|
|Residence||Sirsa District, Haryana|
|Alma mater||Kurukshetra University|
|Occupation||Agriculturalist and Politician|
Ajay Singh Chautala (born 13 March 1961) is a former MP and the elder son of former Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala.
Ajay Singh Chautala is a son of Om Prakash Chautala, a former Chief Minister of Haryana, and a grandson of Chaudhari Devi Lal, a former deputy prime minister of India. He has two sons Dushyant Chautala ( Youngest MP, Hisar Haryana 16th Lok Sabha) and Digvijay Chautala ( National President INSO ). He did his B.A. from Kurukshetra University, M.A. (Public Administration) and LL.B. from Rajasthan University. He joined active politics in 1980s, became MLA from Rajasthan twice: first from Data Ram Garh (1989) and then from Nohar (1993).
Conviction in Recruitment scam
In June 2008 Chautala and 53 others were charged in connection with the appointment of 3,206 junior basic teachers in the state of Haryana during 1999-2000. In January 2013 a New Delhi court sentenced Chautala and his father Om Prakash Chautala to ten years imprisonment under various provisions of the IPC and the Prevention of Corruption Act. Chautala was found guilty of illegally recruiting over 3000 teachers. A CBI investigation was ordered by the Supreme Court during NDA regime led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Member's Web Site. Parliament of India. Retrieved on 2008-03-19.
- Singh, Raj Pal (1988). Devi Lal, the man of the masses. Veenu Printers and Publications. p. 3.
- "The Jat patriarch". Frontline. 18 (9). 28 April – 11 May 2001. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "In another scion rise, Dushyant comes out of dad Ajay's shadow to lead INLD". The Indian Express. 11 April 2014. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "Elections 2014: Dushyant Chautala of INLD takes lead over HJC president Kuldeep Bishnoi". The Economic Times. 16 May 2014. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "INSO Makes it to Guinness Book of World Records". The Indian Express. 1 December 2013. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "MOST PEOPLE TO SIGN UP AS ORGAN DONORS - EIGHT HOURS". Guinness World Records. 16 December 2013. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- Parliament Member Details. Haryana Vidhan Sabha. Retrieved on 2008-03-19.
- Biographical Sketch, Member of Parliament, 13th Lok Sabha. Parliament of India. Retrieved on 2008-03-19
- "Former Haryana CM Chautala, his son, 53 others convicted in teachers' recruitment scam". CNN-IBN. 16 January 2013. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- Kattakayam, Jiby (2013-01-23). "Chautala, son jailed for 10 years". Chennai, India: The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-01-23.
- TNN (16 January 2013). "Recruitment scam: Ex-Haryana CM Om Prakash Chautala convicted, arrested". Times Of India. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "Teachers’ recruitment scam: Supreme Court upholds jail term of Om Prakash Chautala, son Ajay". Indian Express.