|Owner(s)||Sadhu Singh Hamdard trust|
|Editor-in-chief||Barjinder Singh Hamdard|
|Political alignment||Conservative, Punjabism, Sikhism|
AjitSamachar (Hindi daily)
Daily Ajit (Urdu daily)
Ajit (Daily Ajit) is a Punjabi language daily newspaper published in Jalandhar, India. The newspaper is run by Sadhu Singh Hamdard trust. The newspaper was founded in 1941 in Urdu language. Veteran journalist and ex-Rajya Sabha member, Dr. Barjinder Singh Hamdard, is the current editor-in-chief. In 2007-08, it claimed a circulation of more than 3.33 Lakh.
Ajit started its circulation with an Urdu language weekly edition in 1941 from Shaheed Sikh Missionary College Amritsar. Ajit Singh Ambalvi was its first editor. In November 1942, it became a daily newspaper and began printing from Lahore. After independence it moved its base to Jalandhar and Sadhu Singh Hamdard became its editor. In 1955, its name was changed to Ajit Patrika and the language was changed from Urdu to Punjabi. Later in 1957, its name was changed back to Ajit. After Hamdard's death in 1984, its present editor Barjinder Singh Hamdard took charge. In 1996, a Hindi edition titled "Ajit Samachar" was commenced and in 2002 its website was launched.
- Khalsa Akhbar Lahore
- Punjabi Tribune
- List of newspapers
- List of newspapers in India by circulation
- List of newspapers in the world by circulation
- "launch of 'Ajit' and 'Ajit Samachar' editions from Chandigarh at the newly set up modern printing press".
- "The exceptions are The Tribune and Ajit. a Punjabi daily run by a Saini-Sikh", India's new capitalists: caste, business, and industry in a modern nation, Harish Damodaran, Palgrave Macmillan, 2008
- Daily Ajit (Urdu), Lahore 1942; chief ed., 1943-47; chief ed.; Daily Ajit, Jullundur, INFA press and advertisers year book,INFA Publications., 1968
- "rni.nic.in/Appendix%20I%20Dailies.pdf" (PDF). rni.nic.in. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- "'ਅਜੀਤ' ਦਾ ਮਾਣਮੱਤਾ ਇਤਿਹਾਸ". Ajit. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
|This article related to newspapers in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|