|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Akaiwa Station in August 2006
|Location||Akaiwa, Ōzasō, Fukushima, Fukushima
|Operated by||JR East|
|Line(s)||Ōu Main Line|
The station is unstaffed and consists of an island platform serving two tracks. The platform is accessed from the station building via a level crossing.
|Ōu Main Line (Yamagata Line)|
Akaiwa Station opened on 13 October 1910. The current station building dates from March 1958. The station was absorbed into the JR East network upon the privatization of Japanese National Railways (JNR) on 1 April 1987.
The station is located in an isolated mountainous area on the Fukushima side of the Itaya Pass.
- 各駅情報（赤岩駅） [Station Information: Akaiwa Station] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "奥羽・山田線駅を冬季休止へ" [Ou & Yamada Line stations to be closed during winter season]. Japan Railfan Magazine. Vol. 53 no. 622. Japan: Kōyūsha Co., Ltd. February 2013. p. 163.
- 奥羽本線 赤岩駅冬期間の普通列車通過についてのお知らせ [Notice of non-stopping trains at Akaiwa Station during winter period] (PDF). Press release (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company Sendai Division. 15 November 2012. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR]. II. Japan: JTB. p. 527. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Akaiwa Station.|
- JR East station information (Japanese)