Akaiwa Station in August 2006
|Location||Akaiwa, Ōzasō, Fukushima-shi, Fukushima-ken 960-0251
|Operated by||JR East|
|Line(s)||■ Ōu Main Line|
|Distance||14.6 km from Fukushima|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Opened||13 October 1910|
The station is unstaffed and consists of an unnumbered island platform serving two tracks. The platform is accessed from the station building via a level crossing.
|Entrance side||■ Ou Main Line (Yamagata Line)||for Fukushima|
|Opposite side||■ Ou Main Line (Yamagata Line)||for Yamagata and Yonezawa|
|Ōu Main Line (Yamagata Line)|
The station is located in an isolated mountainous area on the Fukushima side of the Itaya Pass.
- 各駅情報（赤岩駅） [Station Information: Akaiwa Station] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "奥羽・山田線駅を冬季休止へ" [Ou & Yamada Line stations to be closed during winter season]. Japan Railfan Magazine. Vol. 53 no. 622. Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. February 2013. p. 163.
- 奥羽本線 赤岩駅冬期間の普通列車通過についてのお知らせ [Notice of non-stopping trains at Akaiwa Station during winter period] (PDF). Press release (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company Sendai Division. 15 November 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 May 2013. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR]. II. Japan: JTB. p. 527. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Akaiwa Station.|
- Official website (in Japanese)