|Full name||Akanni-Sunday Wasiu|
|Date of birth||18 March 1984|
|Place of birth||Nigeria|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2007–2008||St Albans City||12||(3)|
|2009||→ Luton Town (loan)||5||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 02:27, 1 November 2017 (UTC).
Sunday began his career in Poland with Szczakowianka Jaworzno, where he made 27 appearances, scoring 3 goals, before moving to Lithuania to play for FC Vilnius in 2006. During his time in Lithuania, he made 15 appearances, scoring 1 goal, before deciding to try his luck in England in 2007, signing for non-league St Albans City. He impressed at Clarence Park, bagging 3 goals in 12 appearances before pitching up on trial with Colchester United on trial during the summer of 2008, where he eventually earned himself a one-year deal.
A pacy and powerful striker, Akanni-Sunday Wasiu joined Luton Town on a month’s loan from Colchester United in mid-January 2009, having been a long-term target for Hatters boss Mick Harford. He scored once in five games for Luton before his loan deal expired.
Sunday joined Floriana on August 28, 2009, and his debut came the following day in a 0-6 loss against rivals Valletta. His second appearance for the club was a more pleasant experience, as he netted his first goal in the 1-1 draw against Tarxien. The powerful striker fast became a fan favourite at the club and was voted as the Man Of the Match on three occasions by the Maltese journalists. In 13 matches with the Greens' Wasiu netted no less than 7 goals.
- "Akanni-Sunday Wasiu Player Profile". Sky Sports. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Akanni-Sunday Wasiu Player Profile". Eurosport. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Luton boosted by triple signing". BBC Sport. January 15, 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-16.
- "Luton boosted by triple signing". The Football Conference. January 15, 2009. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Terengganu FC II ikat Wasiu". Berita Harian. 15 December 2017.