Location of Akdağmadeni within Turkey.
|• Mayor||Suphi Daştan (AKP)|
|• District||1,849.04 km2 (713.92 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,344 m (4,409 ft)|
|• District density||27/km2 (69/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Akdağmadeni (Greek Ἀργυρίων, Argyríōn) is a town and district in the Yozgat Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey. According to the 2000 census, population of the district is 61,373 of which 20,312 live in the town of Akdağmadeni. The district (or county) of Akdağmadeni is located in the east of the Yozgat province. It is surrounded to the north by the district of Kadışehri, in the south by Çayıralan, Sarikaya and Saraykent in the west and the Sarkisla district in the east.
The district is situated in the central Anatolian plateau and shares its climatic peculiarities. Summers are very hot, winters are not extremely cold. Snowfall can be detected as soon as in mid-November. The average annual rainfall lies between 478 to 500 millimeters. In summer, temperatures are between 20 and 25 degrees Celsius. The annual average temperature plays between 8 and 12 degrees. Generally, the climate is quite damp. Winds blow mostly from the east and south. North wind against the mountains is a protective case.
The Akdağmadeni area receives more precipitation compared to the general because of its natural vegetation and expanded forests. Scotch pine, juniper, wild nuts and acorn tree species occur in the province, which has the largest forest area in all Yozgat province. 32.5 % of the district is covered by forests.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Γεώργιος Κλεάνθης Σκαλιέρης, Λαοί και φυλαί της Μικράς Ασίας. Μετά πινάκων και χαρτών. Athens (Typos) 1922, p. 42. Digitalized version
- Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2000. Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (in Turkish). Archived from the original (XLS) on 2007-07-22. Retrieved 2008-03-19.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Akdağmadeni, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-18.
- District governor's official website (Turkish)
- District municipality's official website (Turkish)
- Akdagmadeni Municipality
- Akdagmadeni History
- Akdagmadeni Geographical Structure
- Akdagmadeni Structure of interest
- Akdagmadeni Economic Structure
|This article about a Central Anatolia Region of Turkey location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|