Akem Manah (band)
|Origin||Eugene, Oregon, United States|
|Years active||2009 - present|
|Associated acts||Black Beings|
|Past members||Kyle Simms|
Akem Manah is a doom metal band from Eugene, Oregon. They formed in 2009. They have released two full-length albums, and one EP. Since April 2012, Dead Nedry is the only founding member and the only current member of the band.
2009-2012: Band Formation & First 2 Albums
Akem Manah was formed in 2009 in Seattle, Washington by Dead Nedry and Kyle Simms. The original line-up was Dead Nedry (vocals & guitar), Mike Bonnetti (guitar), Kyle Simms (bass) & Brian Murray (drums). The band recorded their first demo in 2009. This line-up continued to write and perform until January 2010. Kyle Simms left after the rest of the band made the move to Seattle in October and couldn't continue commuting back and forth.
In January 2010 Robert Ingraham was brought in to replace Kyle. They recorded their second demo called "The Devil". Mike Bonnetti left the band soon after. In February 2010 the band entered the studio and recorded their first album The Devil Is In All Of You. It was released on July 9, 2010.
In the following months after the release of the debut album, the band would release 2 new singles "Children Of Evil" and "Funeralopolis" (a cover of an Electric Wizard song).
In March 29, 2011, the band released an EP called Horror In The Eyes. It featured songs that were recorded during the recording of the debut album. The two previously released single were featured on this EP. "Horror In The Eyes" has had a few good reviews since its release.
In July 2011, Nedry stated that they were planning to begin work on a new EP in August. But it had been pushed back until November due to busy schedules of all the members. In December it was stated through the bands Facebook page that they would enter the studio in January to record their now full-length album titled Night Of The Black Moon.
On February 24 the band released the single "Witches Ride" for free digitally via Cd Baby. The song also became available on the compilation Humid Records: Vol.1 March 12 on Amazon Mp3 along with their song "Creatures In The Walls" (mis-labeled as, by Dead Nedry). The album "Night Of The Black Moon" was released on March 23, 2012.
2012-present: Line-Up change & 3rd Album
In April 2012 it was announced via the band's Facebook the Brain Murray and Robert Ingraham had left the band to focus on college and their careers. It was stated that a new ep was in the works and that former White Zombie drummer Ivan de Prume & former Nile bassist Chris Lollis would be featured on a new ep being recorded.
A new single from the upcoming studio release called "Reign Of Terror"  was released on December 14, 2012. It featured lead guitar by Scott "SVH" Von Heldt from former Korn guitarist Brian "Head" Welch's solo band. It was announced in early 2013 that the ep had become a full-length album titled Demons Of The Sabbat, set for release in late 2013.
- Dead Nedry – lead vocals, guitars, keyboards (2009–present)
- Kyle Simms – bass (2009–2010)
- Mike Bonnetti – guitars (2009–2010, 2011)
- Brian Murray – drums, percussion (2009–2012)
- Robert Ingraham – bass (2010–2012)
- Chris Lollis (ex-Nile) - Bass (2012, 2013–present)
- Ivan de Prume (ex-White Zombie) - Drums (2012–present)
- Adam Richardson (ex-Ramesses) - Vocals (2012) 
- Scott Von Heldt (ex-Brian "Head" Welch) - Lead Guitar (2012)
- Jason Thrash – guitars (2010)
- The Devil Is In All Of You (2010) 
- Night Of The Black Moon (2012) 
- Demons Of The Sabbat (2014) 
- Akem Manah (Demo, 2009)
- The Devil (Demo, 2010)
- Horror In The Eyes (EP, 2011) 
- Akem Manah (Compilation, 2012)
- Humid Records Vol. 1 (digital Humid Records 2012)
- Official website[permanent dead link]
- Akem Manah biography at Cdbaby
- Akem Manah at MySpace
- Akem Manah at Facebook
- Akem Manah at Encyclopaedia Metallum
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-10-21. Retrieved 2012-01-19.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-02-16. Retrieved 2015-02-16.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)