Akhanda Samrajya yoga
New millennium astrological chart
Constitution of Akhanda Samrajya yoga
In Hindu astrology, the twelve signs of the Zodiac are divided into three groups of four signs each – Chara (Movable), Sthira (Fixed) and Dvisvabhava (Common) signs.The formation of Akhanda Samrajya yoga is possible only for those who take birth with a fixed sign rising in the Lagna (Birth Ascendant). Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius are the four fixed or immovable signs. This yoga is possible for these fixed signs rising in the lagna basically because it is mandatory that the best of the three natural benefic planets, Jupiter, owns the 5th or the 11th bhava (house) counted from the Lagna. Jupiter for Taurus lagna owns the 11th house; for Leo lagna, it owns the 5th house; for Scorpio lagna, the 2nd and the 5th houses, and for Aquarius lagna, the 2nd and the 11th houses.
Akhanda Samrajya yoga is caused when a strong Jupiter owning the 2nd, the 5th or the 11th house from the Lagna associates with the Lagna and the Moon and simultaneously the lord of the 2nd, the 10th or the 11th occupies a kendra from the Lagna and the Natal Moon. Thus, there are the following four pre-requisites for its formation:-
- At the time of birth a fixed sign as per Sidereal astrology must rise in the Lagna
- Jupiter must own either the 5th or the 11th bhava (house)
- A strong Jupiter owning the 2nd, the 5th or the 11th bhava must associate with the Lagna and the Natal Moon
- At the same time the lord of the 2nd, the 10th or the 11th bhava must occupy a Kendra (square-house) from the Lagna and the Natal Moon
A planet associates with the Lagna by occupying the Lagna or by fully aspecting the Lagna or by conjoining with the lord of the Lagna or by establishing mutual - aspect relationship with the lord of the Lagna. Vide Mansagari (Ch.IV Karak yoga 6) which states that if at the time of birth Jupiter, the lord of the lagna and the dispositor of the Natal Moon conjoin in a kendra, more particularly in the 10th house, then the person becomes very fortunate and avails all good things in life, with this situation arising for Scorpio lagna occupied by a strong Moon and Mars and Jupiter situated together in the 10th in Leo sign there will rise a powerful Akhanda Samrajya yoga as defined above, and Bhagya yoga as well.
Akhanda Samrajya yoga results
Akhanda Samrajya yoga confers to the native a long prosperous, fruitful and successful life of more than seventy-five years and rulership over a vast undivided kingdom, and which yoga also nullifies the adverse effects of all other ava-yogas (evil planetary combinations/associations) that may be obtaining at the time of one’s birth.
Occurring in its purest form, and with the yoga-causing planets remaining unafflicted and vested with maximum Shadbala, Akhanda Samrajya yoga gives the results of a very powerful Raja yoga; planets vested with moderate strength and causing this yoga will only make one wealthy, prosperous, hold a high rank or position or be politically powerful. Sita, Lord Rama’s wife, was born in a strong Akhanda Samrajya yoga. This yoga occurring with the participating planets weak and afflicted does not confer its ascribed favourable results. A person born in Aquarius Ascendant with the Moon posited therein, Rahu in 4th, Saturn in 6th, Venus, Jupiter and Ketu combining in the 10th and the Sun, Mercury and Mars in the 12th house, was blessed with the favourable Gajakesari yoga, the Amla yoga and the Akhanda Samrajya yoga but the assigned benefic results of these yogas were not at all experienced by this native. The Natal Moon participating in the formation of these three yogas was not strong and was heavily afflicted owing to the adverse mutual exchange of signs between the lord of the Ascendant and the lord of the 6th house with neither a benefic planet nor the lord of the Ascendant aspecting the Ascendant occupied by the Moon. The evil Dainya yoga caused by mutual exchange of signs by Saturn and the Moon destroyed all good yogas.
- "Glossary of Astrology and other terms".
- "Akhand Samrajya yoga".
- M.B.Raja Rao. Nava-Veda 2. p. 330.
- "Astrology Prophets-Akhand Samrajya Yoga".
- "Astrological Yogas".
- Janardan Harji. Mansagari. Varanasi: Savitri Thakur Prakashan. p. 235.
- Venkatesa Acyuta. Deva Keralam: Chandrakala nadi 2. New Delhi: Sagar Publications. p. 83,199.
- Puspendu Chaudhuri. Astrology revealed by the Ramayana Astronomy. Firma Klm. p. 20,27.
- Astrological Magazine 69. Bangalore: Raman Publications. p. 623,643.
- Astrological Magazine 73. Bangalore: Raman Publications. p. 648,649.
- Ravinder Kumar Soni. Planets And Their Yoga Formations. New Delhi: Pigeon Books India. p. 360. Retrieved 07.12.2012. Check date values in: