This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Akhandananda Saraswati (अखण्डानन्द सरस्वती called Maharajshri by his followers) (1911–1987) was an exponent of Bhagavata Purana and a scholar of diverse spiritual traditions including Vedanta, Bhakti, and associated Shastras (scriptures).
He was born on 25 July 1911 in Pushya Nakshatra.(Shravana Amavasya v.s. 1968 per Vikram Calendar) in the village of Maharai in the district of Varanasi. His Saryupareen Brahmin family named him Shantanu Behari, after the god of the same name.
Prior to his sannyasa, from 1934 to 1942, He was a member of the editorial board of Kalyan at the Gita Press and published a number of books and articles. He translated Bhagavata Purana in Hindi for them.
In his youth, Akhandanand went to Jhusii, to meet Brahmachari Prabhudatta, a saint. There, he met Udiya Baba, and had discussed Vedanta. He was captivated by Udiya Baba's conviction in the principle of non-dual reality. He received initiation for Sanyas (monkhood) from the Shankaracharya of Jyotishpeethadhishver, Brahmanand Saraswati in February 1942, following which his name was changed from Shantanu-vihari Dwivedi to Akhandananda Saraswati.
He was an honorary board member of the Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan, a global organization founded in 1938 to preserve and promote Indian culture.
He established Anand Vrindavan Ashram near Moti Jheel in Vrindavan, a town in the Mathura district of Uttar Pradesh, India. He was instrumental in inculating immense cultural and ascetic life in his sanyasi disciples. Prominent Sanyaasi disciples names are- Swami Prabhuddhanand Saraswati ji, Swami Vimalanand Saraswati ji, Swami Mahsehanand Saraswati ji, Swami Govindanand saraswati Ji and Swami Omkaranand saraswati ji. His disciple Swami Omkaranand Saraswati guided Anand Vrindavan Ashram and associated charitable trusts, from 1987 to 2008. All Sanyasi disciple contributed immensely towards deelopment of Ashram in its presnet status. At present, Swami Sachchidananda is President ( Mahant) of Anand Vrindavan ashram. His Sanyasi disciple Shri Swami Maheshanand Saraswati has been very socally active and has founded many social organisation for the development of Vrindavan dham. He also heads KALYANAM KAROTI ( an NGO working for Divyaang Children). 
He attained Mahasamadhi on 19 November 1987.
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Honorary Board Members List on the Bhavan's website, Office Bearers Page.
- "Anand-Vrindavan - Home of Anantshri Swami Akhandanand-ji Saraswati Maharaj". anandvrindavan.org.
- www.Akhandanand.org - An introduction to life and works of Akhandanand
- PujyaMaharajshri.org - Official site with teachings of Swami Akhandanand-ji Saraswati in English
- पूज्यमहाराजश्री PujyaMaharajshri.org in Hindi - Official site with teachings of Swami Akhandanand-ji Saraswati in Hindi
- www.AnandVrindavan.org - Introduction to Swami Akhandananda Saraswati and contact information hosted by Anand Vrindavan Charitable Trust's official domain.