Number of employees
Akij Group is one of the largest Bangladeshi industrial conglomerates. The industries under this conglomerate include textiles, tobacco, food & beverage, cement, ceramics, printing and packaging, pharmaceuticals, consumer products etc. In 2009, Akij Group paid 390 million euros in tax, making it the biggest local tax-payer, contributing two per cent to this nation's entire budget. Akij also provides services in healthcare, information and communication technology. Its turnover in 2009 was 89 billion Taka.
Akij Group was established in the 1940s by industrialist Sheikh Akijuddin as a jute trading business, before moving into cigarettes and other areas of business. It has faced criticism for employing child workers.
- Akij Plastics Limited.
- Akij Cables limited.
- Abrar Tours and Travels
- Ad-din Foundation
- Akij Automotive Industry
- Akij Biri Factory Ltd.
- Akij Cement Company Ltd.
- Akij Ceramics Company Ltd.
- Akij Computer Ltd.
- Akij Corporation Limited
- Akij Food & Beverage Ltd.
- Akij Foundation School & College
- Akij Gas Company Ltd.
- Akij Gas Station Ltd.
- Akij Hotel and Resorts
- Akij Institute of Technology
- Akij Jute Mills Ltd.
- Akij Match Factory Ltd.
- Akij Motors
- Akij Particle Board Mills Ltd.
- Akij Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Akij Printing & Packaging Ltd
- Akij Real Estate Ltd.
- Akij Securities Ltd.
- Akij Textile Mills Ltd.
- Akij Wildlife Farm Limited
- Akij Zarda Factory Ltd.
- Dhaka Tobacco Industries
- S.A.F Industries Ltd.
- Akij Foundation School and College (Uttara, Manikganj, and Mohammadpur)
- Akij Rice Mill Industry
- Akij Flour Mill Industry
- Akij Ceramics Ltd.
- Akij BIAX Films Limited.
- Sajjadur Rahman (2009-06-24). "Akij Group to branch out into new avenues". The Daily Star. Retrieved 2016-10-29.
- "Akij to invest Tk 1,500cr in three plants in its economic zone". The Daily Star. 2016-09-23. Retrieved 2016-10-29.
- Sajjadur Rahman (2010-12-09). "Big players buy cargo ships". The Daily Star. Retrieved 2016-10-29.
- Sajjadur Rahman (2010-12-19). "Akij goes green". The Daily Star.
- "Akij Gr set to overtake RAK Ceramics to become country's biggest tiles maker". The Financial Express. Dhaka. 2011-12-05.
- Suliman Niloy (2016-01-30). "Tobacco industry robs Bangladesh child workers of childhood". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 2016-10-29.
- "Terms of Service Violation". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-08-26.
- Editorial, Reuters. "Japan Tobacco buying Bangladesh Akij's tobacco business for $1.5..." U.S. Retrieved 2018-08-26.
- "Thousand bidi workers lose job as Akij factory closes suddenly". The Daily Star. 2016-04-04. Retrieved 2016-10-29.
- "No fly-ash in Akij cement: Official". The Daily Star. 2013-10-10. Retrieved 2016-10-29.
- "Akij celebrates Independence Day". The Daily Star. 2012-05-23.
- Gazi Towhid Ahmed (2013-10-04). "Akij Food brings in German technology to produce juice". The Daily Star. Retrieved 2016-10-29.
- "AFSC". Akij Foundation School & College.
- "Akij secures $43m from HSBC to expand particle board business". The Daily Star. 2015-09-23. Retrieved 2016-10-29.