|Birth name||諏訪内 晶子|
|Born||February 7, 1972|
|Years active||1990 – Present|
She was the youngest winner of the International Tchaikovsky Competition in 1990. In addition, she won second place in the Queen Elisabeth Music Competition in 1989 and is a laureate of the International Japan Competition.
She has studied with Toshiya Eto at the Toho Gakuen School of Music, with Dorothy DeLay and Cho-Liang Lin at the Juilliard School of Music while at Columbia University, and with Uwe-Martin Haiberg at the Universität der Künste Berlin. She currently plays the 1714 Dolphin Stradivarius, which is on loan from the Nippon Music Foundation.
- Bruch: Concerto No. 1 / Scottish Fantasy
- Akiko Suwanai: Souvenir
- Dvořák: Violin Concerto, etc.
- Mendelssohn: Violin Concerto in E Minor / Tchaikovsky: Violin Concerto in D Major
- Brahms, Dvořák, Janáček
- Sibelius & Walton Violin Concertos
- Bach: Violin Concertos
- "Biography". Retrieved 2009-08-17.
- Akiko Suwanai Official website (Japanese)