Akiyaguchi Station building (July 13, 2008).
|Location||Asakita, Hiroshima, Hiroshima
|Operated by||JR West|
|Opened||April 28, 1915|
|Previous names||Yaguchi (until 1937)|
Akiyaguchi Station (安芸矢口駅 Akiyaguchi-eki) is a JR West Geibi Line station located in 1-chōme, Kuchita, Asakita-ku, Hiroshima, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan. The "Aki" in the station title is from the former name of much of the current Hiroshima Prefecture.
||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (February 2017)|
- 1915-04-28: Yaguchi Station opens
- 1937-07-01: The station name changes to Akiyaguchi Station
- 1987-04-01: Japanese National Railways is privatized, and Akiyaguchi Station becomes a JR West station
- 2007: Automatic ticket gates are scheduled to be installed during 2007
Station building and platforms
Akiyaguchi Station features one island platform capable of handling two lines simultaneously. Trains bound for Shiwaguchi and Miyoshi are handled on the upper end (上り) of the platform, and tains bound for Hiroshima are handled on the lower end (下り). The station is operated under private contract from JR West, and has a Green Window. The Akiyaguchi Station building is a one-story concrete structure.
The area surrounding Akiyaguchi Station contains many multi-unit apartment buildings, and is considered a "bedroom community" of downtown Hiroshima City. Because of this, this station handles a high volume of passengers daily, especially in the morning and evening commuting hours on weekdays. The Ōta River is found to the west of the station, and the Asa Ōhashi, a bridge on the Sanyō Expressway, is directly north of the station.
- Suikō Apartments
- Kuchita Post Office
- Hiroshima Municipal Kuchita Junior High School
- Hiroshima Municipal Kuchita Higashi Elementary School
- Hiroshima Municipal Ochiai Elementary School
- Hiroshima Municipal Kuchita Elementary School
- Hiroshima Municipal Kawauchi Elementary School
- JR West Kabe Line Midorii Station
- JR West Kabe Line Shichikenjaya Station
- JR West Kabe Line and Hiroshima Rapid Transit Astramline Ōmachi Station
- Ōta River (太田川)
- Sanyo Expressway Takataba Hiroshima Interchange
- Japan National Route 54
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 37 (Hiroshima-Miyoshi Route)
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 38 (Hiroshima-Toyohira Route)
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 270 (Yagi-Midorii Route)
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 271 (Yagi Route)
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 459 (Yaguchi-Yasufuruichi Route)
All lines are JR West lines.
- Geibi Line
- Miyoshi Express (#1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8)
- No stop
- Miyoshi Express (#3, 4)
- Commuter Liner
- No stop
- Miyoshi Liner/Local
- (in Japanese) JR West