Akkare Ninnoru Maran
|Akkare Ninnoru Maran|
|Produced by||Sanal Kumar
G Suresh Kumar
|Music by||Kannur Rajan|
|Edited by||N Gopalakrishnan|
|Distributed by||Sooryodaya Creations|
Akkare Ninnoru Maran (മലയാളം:അക്കരെ നിന്നൊരു മാരന്) is a 1985 Indian Malayalam film, directed by Girish and produced by Sanal Kumar and G Suresh Kumar. The film stars Maniyanpilla Raju, Menaka, Sukumari and Innocent in lead roles. The film had musical score by Kannur Rajan.
Sri K.P. Thankappan Nair (Nedumudi Venu) is a rich man, who has cheated his sister (Sukumari) out of her property. Her son Achuthan (Maniyanpilla Raju) wants to reclaim the land forcibly taken by his uncle,as well as marry his daughter, Nandini (Menaka) with whom he is in love. He and his friends (Mukesh, Jagadeesh, Mala Aravindan) hatch a plan to hoodwink Thankappan Nair, pretending to have earned a fortune working in Dubai. This is where Sreenivasan enacts the famous Arabi muthalali (one of the most hilarious scenes in Malayalam cinema)
- Nedumudi Venu as Sree Thankappan Nair (Ammavan)
- Maniyanpilla Raju as Achuthan
- Menaka (actress) as Nandini
- Mukesh as Pavithran
- Jagadeesh as Vishwan
- Sukumari as Savithri, Achuthan's mother
- Innocent as Sankaran, Pavithran's father
- Sreenivasan as Ali Koya/ Arab Businessman / Menon from Kottayam
- Poojappura Ravi as Kannaran bus driver
- Lalithasree as Pavitran's mother
- Bobby Kottarakkara from Kottarakkara as Musician
- Mala Aravindan as Raghavan, bus conductor in K.P. transport
- Thodupuzha Vasanthi as Ammai
- C. I. Paul as groom's father
|1||Kannanee Bhoomiyil [Anchara Ekkar]||KP Brahmanandan, Chorus, Satheesh Babu||Priyadarshan|
Gireesh who was working as Associate director to Priyadarshan was contacted by Anand, who produced the movie "Parayanum Vayya Parayathirikkanum Vayya" and expressed his interest in producing a movie with Gireesh as director.Later Anand dropped the project.However Gireesh secured another producer with help from his few friends.Shooting was completed in 26 days in and around Palghat and Thiruvilwamala.
- The scene in which Sreenivasan is dressed as Arabi muthalali and Mukesh translates Arabic to Nedumudi Venu still remains to be the one of the best comedy scenes in Malayalam cinema and still have a huge fan following in social medias and YouTube.
- Dialogues in the movie E.g.:Mala's "Chirikkalle Chirikkalle", Innocent's "Dayivayi Q paalikkuka" got a wide attention among people.
- Mala Aravindan was highly appreciated for his quick wits and dialogue delivery.