|Yang Berbahagia Datuk
Akmar Hisham Bin Mohd Yusof @ Mokhles
|Akmar Hisham Bin Mohd Yusof Mokhles|
|Press Secretary To The Prime Minister Of Malaysia|
16 September 2009
Datuk Akmar Hisham Bin Mohd Yusof @ Mokhles (born 1972) is the press secretary for the Prime Minister of Malaysia. Akmar Hisham is also a member of the advisory panel for Wasatiyyah Institute Malaysia which promotes moderate Islamic values. He is also involved in non-governmental and charity organization.
A native of Parit, Perak, Akmar Hisham completed his primary and secondary education from January 1979 to December 1991 at Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Iskandar Shah (Primary) and later Sekolah Menengah Iskandar Shah (Secondary) both in Parit Perak. He completed his school studies after obtaining his Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia. After that, he continued his studies in University Malaya, Kuala Lumpur from July 1992 to March 1996. He was awarded a Bachelor of Literature (Social Administration).
Akmar Hisham started his career as a journalist for Utusan Malaysia (M) Bhd from May 1997 till September 2004.
Akmar Hisham was the press secretary for the Defence Minister (May 2004-September 2008) and for the Finance Minister (September 2008 -September 2009) before becoming the Press Secretary for the Prime Minister (16 September 2009).
Akmar Hisham is also actively involved in community, youth and charity project. He is the Deputy President of Kelab Sahabat Bina Negara (Nation Building Club), advisor of the Kelab Eksporasi 7 Benua Malaysia(Malaysia's 7 Continent Exploration Club), Patron of the Persatuan Generasi Bestari Selangor (Selangor's Intelligent Generation Association) and Advisor of the 1 Malaysia English Channel Unity Mission. Akmar Hisham is the advisor of the Felda Everest Project 2013 and also the KE7B Felda Greenland 2014 Expedition. 
Awards and recognition
Pingat Kedaulatan Negara
During the 2013 Lahad Datu standoff, Datuk Akmar Hisham Mokhles was ordered by the Malaysian Prime Minister to assist the Malaysian security forces in the said conflicts area. For his courage and valor he was conferred the Pingat Kedaulatan Negara Medal.Akmar Hisham is one of the 227 media operatives who receive the medal from the Prime Minister.
2013: Book : "Najib Razak: Merintis Jalan Damai" author
2012: Book : “Berkongsi Denyut Nadi Rakyat” author
2011: Book :“Menyelami Denyut Nadi Rakyat” author
2010: Comic : “Transformasi Najib” and “Najib Transformation” author
2010: Book : “Najib: Beginning of A Legacy”. Commemorating One Year As Prime Minister of Malaysia. Editor
2009: Book : “Najib Tun Razak Pewaris Kepimpinan, Pemacu Perubahan” author and editor.
2009: Book : “Inheriting A Legacy, Fast Tracking Change” editor.
2007: Book :“Sehati Sejiwa Najib Tun Razak” author and coordinator.
2006: Book :”Petronas Silk Road Adventure 2001: Istanbul-Putrajaya Experience The Expedition” published by Petronas Motorsports. Photographer
2002:Magazine : Columist for Massa magazine published by Utusan Melayu (M) Bhd
||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (February 2013)|
April 2014 : Ekspedisi KE7B Greenland Felda 2014
Mac 2014 : Mendaki Gunung Cosciousco, Australia.
Mei 2013 : Projek Everest Felda 2013
Mac 2013 : Mendaki Gunung Kinabalu
October 2012 : Ranjini Mountain Expedition, Indonesia.
Julai 2011 : A Step To The Earth's Roof (Everest Base Camp and Kalapatar Mountain,Nepal)
November 2010 : Cosciousco Mountain Australia
April 2004 : Army Chellenge 2004
July 2001 : Petronas Silk Road Adventure 2001, Istanbul- Putrajaya
May 2001 : Elephant Mud Hole 2: 4X4 Challenge 2001
- 1 Malaysia Official Website . "Najib Umum Penubuhan Institut Wsatiyyah", Malaysia, 27 October 2005. Retrieved on 23 January 2013.
- ipoh,echo. "Foundation Mission Fulfilled", Ipoh Echo, West Lumbok Indonesia, 1 December 2012. Retrieved on 5 Januari 2013.
- "New Format & Free Syllabus for STPM & MUET in 2012". Malaysia Students Blog. Retrieved 4 March 2012.
- A.Azim Idris. "18 Felda settlers' children leaves for Nepal", The New Straits Times, Kuala Lumpur, 5 Februari 2013. Retrieved on 5 February 2013.
- Live.Utusan. "Projek Ekspedisi KE7B Malaysia Greenland 2014", Utusan Malaysia, Shah Alam, 16 August 2013. Retrieved on 23 June 2014.
- Navis A.A., (1984), Layar Terkembang Jadi Guru: Adat dan Kebudayaan Minangkabau, Jakarta: PT. Grafiti Pers. (Indonesian)
- Casparis, J.G., (1956), Prasasti Indonesia II: Selected Inscriptions from the 7th to the 9th Century A.D., Dinas Purbakala Republik Indonesia, Bandung: Masa Baru.
- ZUHRIN AZAM AHMAD., (2013), Medals conferred to 227 media practitioners who covered Sulu intrusion in Lahad Datu, Putrajaya: The Star. (Malaysia)
- Malaysian Insider. "English Straits Swimmer Dedicates Success To Malaysians", The Malaysian Insider, Kuala Lumpur, September 23 2012. Retrieved on 5 January 2013.
- Borneo Post. "English Channel swimming expedition postponed", The Borneo Post, Kuala Lumpur, 17 September 2012. Retrieved on 5 February 2013.