Birthplace of Khushal Khan Khattak
Akora Khattak is named after Malik Akor Khan, the grandfather of the warrior and Pushto poet Khushal Khan Khattak.
Akhund Adyan Baba Seljoki
Among the historical places of Akora Khattak, Mazar of Great seljuki Sufi Master and aalim Sheikh Akhund Adyan is situated near Landai river. The road in front of the shrine itself traces back to Sher Sha suri regime, the road is called Shahi laar or royal road. Starting from civil hospital to military camp. The descendants of Sheik Akhund Adyan Baba Seljuki are living in Ziarat kaka Sahib and called Qazyan or Qazi. Akhund adyan Baba died in 1074 AH. Sheikh was a close friend of Khushal Khan Khattak and teacher of Hazrat Kaka Sahib.
- Sher Shah Suri Period
When the emperor “Sher Shah Suri’s army dug two wells in this place and made it a rest place and named the place Sarai Malik Pura. Caravans came from the Central Asia for trading purpose and stayed at this place.
- Mughal Period
In 1581 Mughal emperor ‘Jalal-ud-din Muhammad Akbar’ came to Peshawar to finish the mutiny of his brother ‘Mirza Hakeem’ and stayed there for a few years. During this stay, he met (jarga) with all the tribal chiefs for the betterment of the area. In the meeting the name of Malik Akor Khan often came up. It was reported to the emperor that Malik Akor Khan was a robber and often robbed the troops on the highway. He lived at Neelab (Nizampur) and continually created problems for the Mughal government. The emperor Jalal-ud-din Mohammad Akbar decided to resolve this problem by making Malik Akor Khan a government servant and charged him with the responsibility of collecting tolls from the caravans on the crossing of the Indus at Attock.
Malik Akor Khan came to the Sarai Malik Pura (Akora Khattak) for this purpose and made this area his living place. In time this place was renamed as ‘Sarai Akor Khattak’ which later became “Akora Khattak”. (Greek word: Agora Katika .... Khatak market place)
- Sikh Period
In 1820 Sikhs of Panjab conquered Peshawar and other Pathan areas and ruled it up to 1849. In 1826 the Mujahidin-I-Islam (Sayed Ahmad Barelvi) fought a battle against Sikhs at this place. In 1834 Sardar lehna Singh built the fort of Akora Khattak near the river Kabul.
- British Period
The British period starts from 29 August 1849. In 1809 the colonial Indian administrator and later Governor Of Bombay, Sir Mount Stewart Elphinstone visited Peshawar.
The cantt. of Akora Khattak was established in 1850 and at 23 March 1851 Lord Dalhousie, Governor-General of India, visited the place.
In 1916 the first police station of Akora Khattak was established.
The railway line went through this area in 1923 and in the same[clarification needed]
Historical places at Akora khattak
Among the Historical places are the following;
- Shirine Sheikh Akhund Adyan seljuki Baba/Akhuna din Baba ( شیخ اخوند ادین بابا سلجوقی)
- Rang mahal (رنگ محل ) of Mughal era situated near meera akora
- Shrine of malik Akora Khan
- Shrine of Shahbaaz Khan, it is inside the lawn of Shirine Sheikh Akhund Adyan seljuki Baba
- Ruines of jamia Islamai(registered)
- Tomb of Khushal Khan Khattak
- Bawli,situated AAqil abad village,khushal khan shrine Road.
- Speen jumat of Mughal era.
- Birth place of malik Faran Armani.* Pakistan Tobacco Company (PTC)
- akbar badshah well
Darul Uloom-e-haqqania was founded by Maulana Abdul Haq (father of Maulana Sami Ul Haq) along with his companion Hagi Mohammad Yousif in 1947. It is the second largest Islamic religious seminary in Pakistan. More than 8000 students have been educated there.
Khushal Khan Khattak memorial library
Khushal Khan Khattak memorial library is located here. Many visitors come from other parts of the country to visit here
- Govt Khushal Khan Khattak degree college (boys)
- Govt Khushal Khan Khattak college (girls)
- Govt Centennial Model high school (boys)
- Govt high school (boys) Baghbanpura
- Govt Girls Middle School Baghbanpura
- Sir Syed public High school
- Govt high school (girls)
- Haqqania High School
- Public collegiate high school
- The student model high school and College
- Tamir-e-millat high school
- Bright Start English school
- Rahman public school
- Shahcom Institute of Technology(Regd.)
- The Aryana English Language & Computer Academy
- Army Public school Akora Khattak
- National Institute of Technology
- National Children Academy
- The Sun Rise public school
- The Safah public school
- The Quaid Public School
- The Suffa Public School
- The Sarhad Public School Akora Khattak
- AIMS (Alqalam Islamic Model School)
The main health source in Akora Khattak is the govt hospital(CIVIL HOSPITAL).
- LRBT FREE EYE HOSPITAL. 
The youth of Akora Khattak are very active in every field of sport but unfortunately there are few facilities available for their use. However, cricket, volleyball, bodybuilding are sports played in akora khattak.
Notable people of Akora Khattak
- Khushal Khan Khattak Father of Pashto literature and the national poet of Afghanistan
- Maulana Abdul Haq (founder of Jamia Haqqania)
- Ajmal KhattakEx MNA and SENATOR,Ex President ANP Pakistan
- pervaiz Akhtar Khattak poet, Union Leader
- Ahmad Raza Siddique Student, Pakistani ;-)