7 August 1986 |
New Delhi, India
|Years active||2000 – present|
Akriti Kakar (born 7 August 1986) is an Indian singer. Her Saturday Saturday from Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Iski Uski from 2 States (film) are popular songs. Akriti was a judge on Zee Bangla's Sa Re Ga Ma Pa: Li'l Champs and was going to appear on Colors (TV channel)'s Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.
Akriti released her solo album non Bollywood playback album - "Akriti" released in April 2010 under Sony Music India. Songs were composed by Shankar Mahadevan & Akriti Kakar. The track list for the album is as follows
- Mehrmaa Ve
- Chhoone Do
- Na Re Na Na Re
- Dil Vi Deewana
- Taabiz (Marhale)
- Chal Kaheen Sang
Akriti also released a song entitled "Ring Diamond Di" with Santosh Singh featuring Madhuri. The song was embroiled in controversy when the Music Video was allegedly plagiarized with Girls' Generation's "The Boys" and "I Got a Boy".
- Rangeela Re/Ho Ja Rangeela Re (2004) - Album : Baby Doll Chapter 2 Music: Harry Anand
- "Chham se vo aa jaye" (2004) - Film: Dus - Music: Vishal-Shekhar
- "One night stand" - O jaana (2006) - Film: Rocky - Music: Himesh Reshammiya
- "Dil Vich Lagya Weh" (2006) - Film: Chup Chup Ke - Music: Himesh Reshammiya
- "Shakalaka Boom Boom" Title song (2007) - Film: Shakalaka Boom Boom - Music: Himesh Reshammiya
- "Dil Lagaayenge" (2007) - Film: Shakalaka Boom Boom - Music: Himesh Reshammiya
- "Loneliness is Killing Every One" (2007) - Film: Red "The Dark Side" - Music: Himesh Reshammiya
- "Aanan Faanan" (2007) - Film: Namastey London - Music: Himesh Reshammiya
- "You Good You Good Good Boy" (2007) - Film: Good Boy Bad Boy - Music: Himesh Reshammiya
- "Dekhu tujhe to payar aaye" (2007) - Film: Apne - Music: Himesh Reshammiya
- "Johnny Gaddaar" (2007) Title Song - Film: Johnny Gaddaar - Music: Shankar Ehsaan Loy
- "Hadsa" (2007) - Film: Dhol - Music: Pritam
- "Awaaz Do" (2007) - Film: Mummy Ji - Music: Aadesh Shrivastava
- "Insha Allah"(2008) - Film: Welcome - Music: Himesh Reshammiya
- "Move your body- Freaky freaky raat" (2008) - Film: Kismat Konnection - Music: Pritam
- "Meri Ek Ada Shola" (2008) - Film: Kidnap - Music: Pritam
- "Bhai Aa Gaya" (2008) - Film: Hari Puttar - Music: Guru Sharma
- "Tha Kar Ke" (2008) - Film: Golmaal Returns - Music: Pritam
- "Marjani" and "Khuda-ya Khair" - Film: Billu Barber - Music: Pritam
- "Mohabbat Aap se" - Film: Aa Dekhein Zara - Music: Pritam
- "Jail House Rock" - Film: We are Family - Music: Shankar Ehsaan Loy
- "Teekhi Teekhi" - Film: Mirch - Music: Monty Sharma
- "I Love Amreeka" - Film: Tere Bin Laden - Music: Shankar Ehsaan Loy
- "Abhi Abhi" - Film: Jism 2 - Music: Arko Pravo Mukherjee
- "Iski Uski" - Film: 2 States - Music: Shankar Ehsaan Loy
- "Paglu" - Film: Paglu (Bengali movie) - Music: Jeet ganguly
- "Monbebagi" - Film: Paglu (Bengali movie) - Music: Jeet ganguly
- "Prem ki bujhini" - Film: Paglu (Bengali movie) - Music: Jeet ganguly
- "Police chorer preme porece" - Film: Challenge 2 (Bengali movie) - Music: Jeet ganguly
- "Mon" - Film: Chhaya Chhobi (Bangladeshi Movie) - Music: Arfin Rumey
- "Gobhir Joler Fish" - Film: Khoka 420 (Bengali movie) - Music: Savvy
- "Mon Amar" - Na Jene Mon (Film) (Bengali movie) - Music: Sanjib Sarkar
- Ishkaboner Bibi (2015) - Film: Gangster - Music:Jeet Gannguli - Lyrics: Raja Chanda - Co-Singer: Nakash Aziz
- Besh Korechi Prem Korechi Title Track (2015) - Film: Besh Korechi Prem Korechi - Music:Jeet Gannguli - Lyrics: Raja Chanda - Co-Singer: Shaan
- Film - Ranviir The Marshal
- Film - Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon "Jugni Peeke Tight Hai (Version 2)"
- Song: Eai ashiqui - Film: Aashiqui (2015 film) - Music: Savvy Gupta - Lyrics: Prosen - Co-Singer: Mohammed Irfan
- Song: Moyna Cholat Cholat - Film: Black - Music: Dabbu - Lyrics: Raja Chanda
- Song: Missed Call - Film: Power (2016 film) - Music: Jeet Gannguli - Lyrics: Raja Chanda - Co-Singer: Nakash Aziz
- Song: Bhool Gaya Sab Kuch - Julie I Love You - Film: Murder 4 (2017 film) Music Sangeet - Siddharth Haldipur Lyrics Kumaar - Co-Singer Sangeet Haldipur
- Song: Batti Gul - Film: Badtameez Dil (2017 film) Music Pritam Lyrics Kumaar - Co-Singer Benny Dayal
- Song: Baahon Ke Darmiyaan - Film: Badtameez Dil (2017 film) Music Pritam Lyrics Amitabh Bhattacharya
- Song: Mehrma Ve - Film: Valkyria Chronicles (2017 film) Music Shankar Ehsaan & Loy Lyrics Amitabh Bhattacharya
- Song: Debo Toke Debo Sholoana - Film: Nabab, Music: Savvy
She has also sung a song in Marathi for the film - Lagna Pahave Karun ( marathi movie) song name is "Kasa Ha Maza Sajana". Besides these Akriti has also sung many songs in other regional languages, the song in Bengali Film Paglu has become the biggest chart buster song in Bengali films. On 12 April 2010, a solo music album "Akriti", composed by Shankar Mahadevan and Akriti, was released on Sony Music.
She also released her first single named #Kolkata Diaries. Composed by the renowned Bengali musical maestro, Joy Sarkar. The lyrics of the entire song are in Hindi written by Manoj Yadav who is popular for his songs in Coke studio and movies; but for the main hook lines that are derived from a popular Bengali folk song "Tomay Hrid Majhare Rakhibo, Chede Debo Na" that literally translate into "I am going to keep you in my heart and never let you go!".
- She was a celebrity judge in Zee Bangla sa re ga ma pa lil champs'2013 along with Kumar Shanu and other regional and national celebrities
- Akriti was supposed to enter the dance show Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa on Colors channel through wild card but sadly met with an accident while rehearsing and doctor advised complete bed-rest and hence she had to quit the show.
Akriti went to Springdale School, Pusa Road. She was the batchmate of another Bollywood playback singer Harshdeep Kaur. Akriti ties the knot with Delhi boy Chirag Arora. Akriti has two twin sisters Sukriti Kakar and Prakriti Kakar...
Singer Akriti Kakar got married to Delhi boy, director Chirag Arora, who is now settled in Mumbai. The wedding ceremony took place on March 5. Akriti’s younger sister Prakriti shared a picture on her Instagram account and wrote, “Congratulations to my world @akritikakar. You’re hitched! Love you no ends! @chiragaroraa and you are goals here’s to Forever! #lovelikethis #Akirag all the way!” Born and brought up in Delhi, Akriti hit the limelight with hit songs Saturday Saturday (Humpty Sharma ki Dulhaniya, 2014) and Iski Uski (2 States), both starring Bollywood star Alia Bhatt. She also has a solo album to her credit titled Akriti which released in 2010 and had compositions by Shankar Mahadevan besides herself.
- "Singer Akriti with Shankar Mahadevan at the launch of her music album at Le Sutra, Mumbai. (Pic: Viral Bhayani)". The Times of India. April 2010. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- "Our audiences are hypocrites: Akriti Kakar". The Times of India. 6 April 2013. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- "抄足少時MV 印度允兒被轟惡心冇創意". HK Apple (in Chinese). Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- "Shows: Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs". Zee Bangla. Archived from the original on 9 February 2014. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- Maheshwri, Neha (2 July 2014). "Singer Akriti Kakar in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa". Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- "Akriti Kakar to shake a leg in JDJ". Daily News and Analysis. 2 July 2014. Retrieved 3 July 2014.