|District||Akuapim North District|
|• Summer (DST)||GMT|
Akropong is a town in South Ghana and is the capital of the Akuapim North District, a district in the Eastern Region of South Ghana. This town is known for producing snails and palm oil. Akropong has a 2013 settlement population of 13,785 people.
Akropong was the site of a mission station run by the Basel Mission. Akwapim in which we see today became what it is from immigration and tribal wars.About 1300 A.D the Guan people came to settle in the akwapim mountains from the Attara Finam which is in the volta region.
Street in Akropong, with trees under which elders sit for palavers, 1890s
Banyan Tree in Akropong, 1870s
They are notable for their famous Adowa dance
Akronpong is best known for its Special education for the blind (Akropong School for the Blind)
- "World Gazetteer online". World-gazetteer.com. Archived from the original on 2012-01-11.
- Akuapim North District Archived 2013-06-14 at the Wayback Machine.
- kwakwaduam, Association. "Akropong - Akuapim". Kwakwaduam association. kwakwadua association. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Odwira Festval". www.akropongkwakwaduam.org. Retrieved 2018-04-19.
- "Akropong Akwapim". www.akropongkwakwaduam.org. Retrieved 2018-04-19.
- Media related to Akropong at Wikimedia Commons
|This Ghana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|