|• Total||1,768 sq mi (4,578 km2)|
|• Density||64/sq mi (25/km2)|
|Time zone||GMT +5 (UTC+5)|
Aksy is a raion (district) of Jalal-Abad Region in western Kyrgyzstan. The capital lies at Kerben. Its area is 4,578 square kilometres (1,768 sq mi), and its resident population was 113,010 in 2009.
Aksy District was established on 29 October 1935 as Jangy-Jol District. In 1962, Ala-Buka District was merged in Jangy-Jol District. In 1969, part of the aiyl okmotu (rural communities) were re-subordinated to newly established Ala-Buka District. On March 6, 1992 Jangy-Jol District was renamed into Aksy District.
- The town of Kerben and subordinated to it villages: Kurulush, Kuluk-Dobo, Ak-Dobo, Jetigen, Mamay, and Ustukan
- Ak-Jol aiyl okmotu (center - village Ak-Jol, and also villages Jolborstu, Kara-Tyt, Kechuu, Raykomol, Tegene, Kyzyl-Beyit, Kürp, and Razan-Say)
- Avletim aiyl okmotu (center - village Avletim, and also villages Baykashka-Terek, Deres-Say, Jangaktuu-Bulak, It-Agar, Korgon, Mukur, Tegermen-Say, Tovar-Say)
- Jany-Jol aiyl okmotu (center - village Jangy-Jol, i.e. nowadays Malkaldy village, and also villages Koy-Tash, Tashtak, and Ters)
- Ak-Suu aiyl okmotu (center - village Ak-Suu, and also villages Ak-Say, and Korgon-Döbö)
- Kara-Jygach aiyl okmotu (center - village Kara-Jygach, and also villages Dardak-Debe, Kara-Oy, Syny, Torkamysh and Charba)
- Kashka-Suu aiyl okmotu (center - village Kashka-Suu, and also villages Jany-Aiyl, Kara-Döbö and Sogot)
- Mavlyanov aiyl okmotu (center - village Atana, and also villages Munduz, Sary-Kashka, Semet, Toruk, Uluk and Chie)
- Kyzyl-Tuu aiyl okmotu (center - village Kyzyl-Tuu, and also villages Arkit, Jylgyn, and Jol-Say)
- Kara-Suu aiyl okmotu (center - village Top-Jangak, and also villages Juzumjan, Kara-Suu, Kezart, Kyzyl-Kel, Say-Bulun, Turdyuk, Chaldybar and Chat)
- Jerge-Tal aiyl okmotu (center - village Jerge-Tal, and also villages Bospiek, and Kyzyl-Kapchygay)
- Nazaraliev aiyl okmotu (center - village Kyzyl-Jar, and also villages Jyl-Kol, Kum and Naryn)
Prominent people from the Aksy district
In the 19th century: prominent statesman Nuzup Mingbashy (Yusuf Mingbashi) of the Kokand khanate, poet Jengijok, etc.
In the 20th century: a poet Temirkul Umetaliev, a writer Tologon Kasymbekov, etc.
At the end of the 20th century - beginning of the 21st century: politicians Topchubek Turgunaliev, Azimbek Beknazarov, a historian Tashmanbet Kenensariev, a journalist Uran Toktonazarovich Botobekov, etc.
|Chatkal District, Jalal-Abad Region||Toktogul District, Jalal-Abad Region||
|Ala-Buka District, Jalal-Abad Region||Aksy District||Toktogul District, Jalal-Abad Region|
|Uzbekistan||Nooken District, Jalal-Abad Region|
|This Jalal-Abad region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|