|Joint Venture Cellular Mobile Phone Operator|
|Headquarters||Robi Corporate Office, 53 Gulshan South Avenue, Gulshan-1,Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|All over Bangladesh (covers 99% of the total population)|
|Supun Weerasinghe CEO
A K M Morshed CTO
Mahtabuddin Ahmed COO
Matiul Islam Nowshad CCPO
Yap Wai Yip CFO
|Products||Telephony, EDGE, GSM, HSDPA+/3.5G|
|Revenue||9.4% in 2014|
|Parent||Axiata Group Berhad (92%) and NTT DoCoMo (8%)|
|Slogan||Jole uthun apon shoktite (Ignite the power within)|
Robi is the third largest mobile phone operator in Bangladesh with more than 25.3 million subscribers as of December 2014.
Robi boasts of the widest international roaming service in the market, connecting over 500 operators across 207 countries. It is the first operator in the country to introduce GPRS. Robi uses GSM 900/1800 MHz standard and operates on allocated 12.8 MHz frequency spectrum.
Robi Axiata Limited is a joint venture company between Axiata Group Berhad, Malaysia and NTT DOCOMO INC, Japan. It was formerly known as Telekom Malaysia International (Bangladesh) which commenced operations in Bangladesh in 1997 with the brand name AKTEL. On 28 March 2010, the service name was rebranded as ‘Robi’ which means Sun in Bengali.
Financial Update of 2014
• Robi customer base reached to 25.3 million and by 13.2% to record a subscriber market share of 21.0% an increase of 1% relative to end of 2013. • Revenue grew by 9.4% in FY 2014 amid fierce competition. • Operating Profit/ EBITDA (Earnings before Interest Tax Depreciation and Amortization) recorded an 18.3% growth with a 2.9 percentage point (pp) improvement in EBITDA margin. • Net Profit after Tax (PAT) grew by 20.4% through focused investments and excellence in cost management. • Invested BDT 21.0 billion (63.7% increase) towards expansion of 3.5G footprint, 2G new coverage and enhancement quality of service. • Contribution to national exchequer was BDT 21.7 billion representing 43.8% of Revenue.
Robi uses the following numbering scheme for its subscribers:
Where, +880 is the International subscriber dialing code for Bangladesh.
18 is the access code for Robi as assigned by the Government of Bangladesh. Omitting +88 will require to use 0 in place of it instead to represent local call, hence 018 is the general access code.
N1N2N3N4N5N6N7N8 is the subscriber number.
Robi offers an array of different packages. In addition to offering the fundamental pre-paid and post-paid mobile services, it offers a wide range of value-added products and services such as, SMS, GPRS, EDGE, international roaming, Mobile Banking, SMS banking, Caller Ring Back Tone, MMS, Voice Greetings, Welcome Tunes, Call Blocking on 4 August 2008, which give subscriber to control which call he or she receive or not  and Bengali SMS. Robi has got the widest international roaming coverage among all the operators in Bangladesh.
Robi has 32 Walk in Centers (WIC) and 1 SSD (Sales and Support Desk) at Dhaka International Airport.
- "High price for new frequencies puts mobile operators in dilemma". Archived from the original on May 8, 2011. Retrieved Aug 29, 2012.
- "Information by Bauani: Robi Call Block Service First Time in Bangladesh Can Block Call From Unwanted Numbers". Blog.bauani.org. 2008-08-05. Retrieved 2012-03-15.
- "The New Nation - Internet Edition". Nation.ittefaq.com. Retrieved 2012-03-15.
- "an AXIATA company". Robi. Retrieved 2012-03-15.