Aktion Kinder des Holocaust
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (July 2009)|
Aktion Kinder des Holocaust also known by its initials AKdH is an international community of descendants of survivors of the Holocaust and World War II antifascist resistance, together with their relatives and friends. It is constituted as a club under Article 60ff CC of Swiss law. It describes itself as an "association against anti-Semitism, racism and political extremism." Its name translates as Action (by) Children of the Holocaust.
It was founded in 1991 around an interdisciplinary research project associated with the University of Basel, Switzerland . It is a partner and resource provider to the interdisciplinary research project "VIOLENCE youth" at the University of Basel. It is associated with the research project "Right-wing youths in Switzerland".
Its principal aim is to document and counter right-wing extremist youth in Switzerland. It assesses extremist individuals on web forums and chatrooms to look for insecure adolescents who might be turned from their extremist views. It then engages with target individuals and eventually arranges face-to-face contact.
It criticized the work of Brazilian political cartoonist Carlos Latuff in 2002 for a cartoon depicting a Jewish boy in the Warsaw Ghetto saying "I am Palestinian". It sued the Independent Media Center (IMC, also known as Indymedia) of Switzerland on the charge of antisemitism. The reason was a cartoon of Latuff's We are all Palestinians series, published in Swiss IMC website, which depicted a Jewish boy in the Warsaw Ghetto saying: "I am Palestinian." The criminal proceedings were suspended by Swiss court.
- Internet Streetworking, an Instrument for Psychosocial Short-Term Intervention paper at OSCE Meeting on the Relationship Between Racist, Xenophobic and anti-Semitic Propaganda on the Internet and Hate Crimes Paris, 16–17 June 2004 given by Swiss Delegation. Accessed June 2008
- Yahoo! said to delete dozens of neo-Nazi sites by Rick Perera, Cable News Network , February 7, 2001. Accessed June 2008
- Infoshop News - Jun 3, 2006
- Alex Schärer: Linke und Antisemitismus: Der Indymedia-Streit - Aufpassen, was im Kübel landet, WOZ Die Wochenzeitung, April 4, 2002
- Junge Welt: Ärger im Internet: Wegen antisemitischer Beiträge hat Indymedia Schweiz den Betrieb gestoppt, February 25, 2002
- Aktion Kinder des Holocaust: Is this cartoon by Latuff, published at indymedia-switzerland, anti-Semitic? An analysis
- Hamadeh, Anis (August 2002). "Jewish peace activists and Israeli violence". Archived from the original on 16 August 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-21.
- AKTION KINDER DES HOLOCAUST at judymeschel.com. Accessed June 2008
- Country report for Switzerland 2001 The Stepen Roth Institute for the study of contemporary Antisemitism and racism at Tel Aviv University. Accessed June 2008
- Official website (German)