|State||Kingdom of Denmark|
|Postal code||3950 Aasiaat|
Akunnaaq (old spelling: Akúnâk) is a settlement in the Qeqertalik municipality in western Greenland. Its population was 100 in 2013. Akunnaaq is located 23 km (14 mi) east of Aasiaat on the Akunnaap Nunnaa island. The settlement was founded in 1850.
Air Greenland serves the village as part of government contract, with winter-only helicopter flights between Akunnaaq Heliport and Aasiaat Airport. Settlement flights in the Disko Bay are unique in that they are operated only during winter and spring.
During summer and autumn, when the waters of Disko Bay are navigable, communication between settlements is by sea only, serviced by Diskoline. The ferry links Akunnaaq with Aasiaat, Ikamiut, and Qasigiannguit.
The population of Akunnaaq has decreased by nearly 40 percent since the 1990 levels, levelling off in the 2000s.
- Statistics Greenland Archived 2011-08-12 at the Wayback Machine. (in Danish)
- Aasiaat Museum
- Qaasuitsup Municipality (in Danish)
- Air Greenland, Departures and Arrivals Archived 2010-03-09 at the Wayback Machine.
- Diskoline timetable Archived 2009-05-22 at the Wayback Machine.
- Statistics Greenland Archived 2011-08-12 at the Wayback Machine.