|Born||March 6, 1971 (age 52)|
Alê Abreu (born March 6, 1971) is a Brazilian film director and screenwriter. Sírius, his first short film, debuted at the 1993 Anima Mundi as the only Brazilian animation that year. It won the Best Film Award at the Festival de Cine para Niños y Jovenes and was also screened at the Mostra Internacional de Cinema São Paulo and at the section Animation for Children of the Hiroshima International Animation Festival. His second short film, Espantalho (lit. "Scarecrow"), released in 1998, won the 3rd Best Brazilian Animation at the Anima Mundi, the Best Art Direction Award at the Brazilian Film Festival of Miami, and was nominated for Best Animated Feature at the 1st Grande Prêmio Cinema Brasil. His first feature film, Garoto Cósmico, debuted at the 2007 Anima Mundi. In 2013, at the Ottawa International Animation Festival, he released his second film, Boy and the World. This film became an international success, was nominated at the 88th Academy Awards for Best Animated Feature, and won several prizes, including the Best Feature Film at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival and the Best Animated Feature-Independent at the Annie Awards.
- Cataldi, Bruna (July 29, 2012). "Alê Abreu e seus 20 anos de Anima Mundi" (in Portuguese). Anima Mundi's blog. Archived from the original on 2014-05-01. Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- "Alê Abreu prepara novo filme de animação". O Estado de S. Paulo (in Portuguese). Grupo Estado. March 12, 2001. Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- "3º Brazilian Film Festival of Miami" (in Portuguese). Brazilian Film Festival of Miami. Archived from the original on July 4, 2014. Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- "É uma festa!". Folha de S.Paulo (in Portuguese). Grupo Folha. February 12, 2000. Archived from the original on February 28, 2014. Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- "Festival Anima Mundi começa semana que vem". HQManiacs (in Portuguese). Universo Online. June 22, 2007. Archived from the original on May 2, 2014. Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- "Monty Python Returns!" (PDF). Ottawa International Animation Festival. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 2, 2014. Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- "Oscar Nominations 2021: The Complete List | 93rd Academy Awards".
- "'The Boy and the World' Wins Top Prize at Annecy Awards". The Hollywood Reporter. June 14, 2014. Retrieved June 16, 2014.
- "ASIFA-Hollywood | Pixar's 'Inside Out' and 'Boy and the World' Win Top Prizes at Annie Awards". www.asifa-hollywood.org. 7 February 2016. Retrieved 2016-02-08.