Al-Badil al-Hadari Party
|This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (January 2013)|
In the parliamentary election, held on 7 September 2007, the party did not win any seats.
- Secretary-General: Mostafa Lmouatassime
- Deputy Secretary-General: Zahira Brini
- Spokesman: Mohammed El Amine Ragala
Founded in 2002, the party was not recognised by the Moroccan Interior Ministry until 2005. The founding principles: freedom, equality, equity and democracy. They are mobilized for the same conviction: "a real alternative to the crisis in our country is possible."
Both the secretary general and the spokesman of the party have been detained from February 2008 to April 14, 2011.
A US diplomatic cable dated February 22, 2008 and released by Wikileaks states that "the main arrested politicians were generally viewed as moderates, who had contacts with the Embassy", that "When we met them in the spring in 2007, the tone of their discourse was moderate, without any hints of extremism, and they had reputation of being leftist-Islamist" and that "The Moroccan Association of Human Rights (AMDH), a far-left human rights NGO that traditionally has had cool relations with Islamist political parties, criticized the GOM,s [Government of Morocco] arrest of the politicians, calling for their release, and denouncing the banning of the Al-Badli Al-Hadari party".
According to the Rabat Court of Appeal, there is actually no proof to confirm the dissolution decision, no trace in the Official Bulletin, no minutes of the Administrative Court, both required according to the Law on political parties.
- Maghreb Arabe Presse, "Libération de Mustapha Mouatassim et 4 autres personnes condamnées dans le cadre de la cellule Belliraj", La Vie économique, 14 April 2011
- Riley, "Morocco: terrorist network disrupted but many questions remain", US Embassy in Rabat, 22 February 2008
- Réda Mouhsine, "Entretien avec Mustapha Moatassim", Le Soir Échos, 21 May 2012
- Y.B., "Des années après la clôture du dossier Belliraj :Résurrection du parti de Mustapha Mouatassim", Au Fait Maroc, 24 September 2012