Al-Fayhaa Sports Complex
The complex with the main stadium
Al-Salihiyah district, Damascus|
|Owner||Government of Syria|
|Type||Football training facility|
|Syria national football team (training) (1976-)|
Al-Fayhaa Sports Complex (Arabic: مدينة الفيحاء الرياضية), is a football training facility opened in 1976, serving as the headquarters of the Syrian Arab Federation for Football as well as the official training centre of the Syrian football team. It is located in the municipal district of al-Salihiyah at the heart of Damascus, the capital of Syria.
The complex is home to the following facilities:
- Al-Fayhaa Stadium, is the main football stadium of the complex, able to hold up to 15,000 spectators.
- Regular-sized training pitch with natural grass.
- Regular-sized training pitch with artificial turf.
- 2 seven-a-side football training fields with natural grass.
- 2 five-a-side football training fields with artificial turf.
- 6 outdoor tennis courts.
- Olympic swimming and diving complex, and indoor swimming pool.
- Al-Fayhaa Sports Arena, for basketball, handball and volleyball, with a seating capacity of 6,000 spectators.
- 5 indoor training halls for several sports.
- Athletes' residence and hotel.
- The ball-shaped building of the Syrian Arab Federation for Football.