This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
(Arabic: جامعة الفيوم, Jame'at al-fayoum)
|Fayoum Campus, Cairo University|
|President||Prof. Khaled Hamza|
|Location||Al Fayoum, Egypt|
|Campus||Urban, Fayoum, Egypt|
Fayoum University (FU) (Arabic: جامعة الفيوم, Jame'at al-fayoum) is a public university located in the Egyptian city of Al Fayoum in northern Egypt. From 1976 to 2005, Fayoum University was a public institution within the University of Cairo. In August 2005, it was established as an independent campus with 2,000 faculty members and enrollment of about 25. 000 students. The city of Fayoum is an oasis located approximately 63 miles southwest of Cairo and is noted for its agricultural production and tourism.
Courses and Campus
Fayoum University offers undergraduate programs and graduate programs, as well as open education opportunities via its 14 faculties.
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Social Work
- Faculty of Dar Al-Uloom
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Tourism and Hotels
- Faculty of Specific Education
- Faculty of Archaeology
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Computer science and Information
- Faculty of Early Childhood Education
- Faculty of Nursing
- Library Facilities: Fayoum University libraries own more than 67043 Arabic books and 30366 foreign books.
- Special Facilities: Teaching Hotel, Sports Hall, Student Activities Center, and the University Theatre
The University Hospital
With its full capacity of 350 beds, the Fayoum University Hospital renders top-notch medical services to the citizens of Fayoum. It is also a center for educational and medical services.
Governance and Administration
Fayoum university is a state-owned campus administrated by a president assisted by three vice-presidents.
- Professor Abdel Hamid Abdel Tawab (2011–present)
- Professor Ahmed M. El Gohary (2008–2011)
- Professor Galal M. Said (2005–2011)