Jump to navigation Jump to search
Syriac: ܪܘܼܣܬܵܩܵܐ ܕ ܒܵܓ݂ܕܝܼܕܵܐ
Al-Hamdaniyah district (light green) in Ninawa
|• Total||1,155 km2 (446 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (AST)|
Al-Hamdaniya District is divided between four sub-districts:
- Aski Kalak (Khabat) Sub-District, mostly Kurdish, some Assyrians and Yazidis ,
- al-Namrud (al-Khidhr) Sub-District, mostly Arab and Turkmen, some Kaka'is, Shabak and Assyrian,
- Bartillah (Baritleh) Sub-District, mostly Assyrian, some Shabak, Arab and Turkmen,
- Qaraqosh (Bakhdida) Sub-District, mostly Assyrians, some Arabs, Shabak, Turkmen and Kaka'is.
Towns and villages include:
- "The Struggle to Exist, Part II: Violence against Assyrian Communities in Nineveh Province's Disputed Territories" (PDF). Assyria Council of Europe, Hammurabi Human Rights Organization. February 2010. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
|This Iraq geographical location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|