From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Al-Hamdaniyah district (light green) in Ninawa
|• Total||1,155 km2 (446 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AST (UTC+3)|
Al-Hamdaniya District is divided between four sub-districts:
- Aski Kalak (Khabat) Sub-District, mostly Kurdish, a few Assyrians and Yazidis ,
- al-Namrud (al-Khidhr) Sub-District, mostly Arab and Turkmen, some Kaka'is, Shabak and Assyrian,
- Bartillah (Baritleh) Sub-District, mostly Shabak and Assyrian, some Arab and Turkmen,
- Qaraqosh (Bakhdida) Sub-District, containing Assyrians, Arabs, Shabak, some Turkmen, Kaka'is and Kurds.
Towns and villages include:
- "The Struggle to Exist, Part II: Violence against Assyrian Communities in Nineveh Province’s Disputed Territories" (PDF). Assyria Council of Europe, Hammurabi Human Rights Organization. February 2010. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
|This Iraq geographical location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|